Long Term Deal for Evan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Long Term Deal for Evan

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Long Term Deal for Evan

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:38 pm

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080418&content_id=2546402&vkey=news_tb&fext=.jsp&c_id=tb&partnered=rss_tb

Great move for the Rays. Pretty sure RUMP called this a couple days ago when he said the Rays would pull a CC/Rocco type deal with him very soon
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Long Term Deal for Evan

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:52 am

This was pretty much a must sign. I love the fact that the Rays took the go ahead and signed him, along with Longoria signing the deal even at a cheaper price.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:29 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:This was pretty much a must sign. I love the fact that the Rays took the go ahead and signed him, along with Longoria signing the deal even at a cheaper price.

Totally agree. There are a lot of MLB players and agents ticked at this deal because he could have made a lot more, but decided not to. When others go to arbitration this will be a number used by the teams to get it lower, especially if they are 3B (Braun, Gordon)

Good job by both sides. ;-D ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:18 pm

This a fantastic deal.

And a steal at that.

Who cares who is pissed, it is a great move by management and hopefully the team seems they are ready to win. and holding them together.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:18 am

jlm53089 wrote:This a fantastic deal.

And a steal at that.

Who cares who is pissed, it is a great move by management and hopefully the team seems they are ready to win. and holding them together.

The only thing that really matters is that Longoria is happy with it. If the other players in other organizations are pissed, so be it. The deal is actually not much different then the one Tulo signed this offseason. I just hope we can lock down Upton and Kazmir in this same format.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:11 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This a fantastic deal.

And a steal at that.

The only thing that really matters is that Longoria is happy with it. If the other players in other organizations are pissed, so be it. The deal is actually not much different then the one Tulo signed this offseason. I just hope we can lock down Upton and Kazmir in this same format.

Read a quote the other day from BJ. They asked him what effect the Longoira deal has on him signing a long term deal and he said "Absolutely none." I don't know if he is talking about the effect of him signing a deal period or how the numbers could affect him. Like I said somewhere else, from what I understand BJ is very happy going year to year and plans on banking in Arb and than testing FA. Unless the Rays paid a lot I don't see him signing a long term deal anytime soon
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:59 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Read a quote the other day from BJ. They asked him what effect the Longoira deal has on him signing a long term deal and he said "Absolutely none." I don't know if he is talking about the effect of him signing a deal period or how the numbers could affect him. Like I said somewhere else, from what I understand BJ is very happy going year to year and plans on banking in Arb and than testing FA. Unless the Rays paid a lot I don't see him signing a long term deal anytime soon

Read that as well. I just hope his friendship with David Wright doesn't come into play when he is able to be a FA. That would so suck.
raiders_umpire

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:06 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Read that as well. I just hope his friendship with David Wright doesn't come into play when he is able to be a FA. That would so suck.

Yea they are real close. That could have an affect :-o
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Best friends since the 3rd grade could be huge. I just hope the Rays don't chance the Wright connection and lock him up as soon as he mentions contract in a few years.
raiders_umpire

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:06 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Best friends since the 3rd grade could be huge. I just hope the Rays don't chance the Wright connection and lock him up as soon as he mentions contract in a few years.

That friendship got him to leave one team already, even if it was only High School
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Tampa Bay Rays