All Porcello All the time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

All Porcello All the time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

All Porcello All the time

Postby High Heater » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am

i found some interesting info on my favorite pitching prospect that i ever saw in the past 10 years.... Rick Porcello. The hype is well known with this kid and has alot of merit thus far. For a 19 year old he displayed talent and maturity beyond his years during the big clubs Spring Training, and has carried that over to HiA playing against competition of moslt 21-22 year olds 3 years older then himself.

http://www.saberscouting.com/2008/04/16/rickporcelloreport2-2/

note this kids flawless mechanics? anyways i thought it was a good read for people to see. ;-D
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: All Porcello All the time

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 pm

This kid could be a top pitching prospect of all time. He is that good.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby High Heater » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:05 pm

alot of scouts and people who see him are already mentioning Prior as a comp.... i dont know if this should be a "good thing" or bad?

either way i have to agree with Yoda that i do think he's the ever rare thing there and i would not be shocked at all if they called him to the show in '09 and were aggressive with him ala Felix circa with Sea.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby cardinal1975 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Before we go too overboard on Porcello let's please remember that some of the same things were said about the immortals Brien Taylor and Todd Van Popple for those of us older than 25. He is a good prospect, however this is how the hype machine gets going. There were a few other good teenagers....look up Bob Feller sometime. ;-D
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:21 pm

cardinal1975 wrote:Before we go too overboard on Porcello let's please remember that some of the same things were said about the immortals Brien Taylor and Todd Van Popple for those of us older than 25. He is a good prospect, however this is how the hype machine gets going. There were a few other good teenagers....look up Bob Feller sometime. ;-D

It gets sickening the hype that gets thrown around these parts and often the expectations should be tempered, but I'll fall right in line here with HH and Yoda and say this kid is special!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby High Heater » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:39 pm

i'm more in line with Porcello being the "exception" then "the rule" here. i mean hes in HiA right now making it look easy... you cant draw up a better prep pitcher proto-type wise and this is a kid with a good change-up. something alot of pitchers have a hard time to develop, let alone start off a career that early with a potential Plus-change.

right now i have him ranked as the best pitcher in the minor leagues. and alot of people may disagree with it but i'm sticking to it.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:55 pm

High Heater wrote: right now i have him ranked as the best pitcher in the minor leagues.

As do I ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:54 pm

when do you think he'll get the call-up?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigken117 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:50 am

J35J wrote:
High Heater wrote: right now i have him ranked as the best pitcher in the minor leagues.

As do I ;-D

I think it's blasphemy to rank him over Kershaw seeing as Kershaw's proven it at a higher level, but I've got no problems calling him the second best pitcher in the minors :-b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby J35J » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 am

bigken117 wrote:
J35J wrote:

As do I ;-D

I think it's blasphemy to rank him over Kershaw seeing as Kershaw's proven it at a higher level, but I've got no problems calling him the second best pitcher in the minors :-b

I've got Kershaw 1b...I just think that Kershaw still has more to work on as far as control goes. He'll be up sooner, thats for sure. I just think in 2 years Porcello will be the guy everyone is talking about.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball