Position Battles-- NYM OF -- Garcia vs. Spencer vs. Cedeno - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Position Battles-- NYM OF -- Garcia vs. Spencer vs. Cedeno

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who gets the most AB's in the Mets OF.

Garcia
83%
Spencer
No votes
Cedeno
17%

Total votes : 6

Position Battles-- NYM OF -- Garcia vs. Spencer vs. Cedeno

Postby wrveres » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:08 am

This one could be interesting. There must be rotovalue here somewhere. I am almost sure of it. Shea can't destroy everybody can it. I mean look at Mike Piazza, he at least .....

..... .... oooops.... he is almost 30 points off his career avg of .319 at Shea. :-) Even for Shea standards Mikes .290 is respectable. But still, Shea Kills. Bottom line ..

Garcia .. in 1205 MLB ab's has a .243BA and 56 HR's. Those kind of numbers do not bode well for Shea.

Spencer .. another Yankee/Indians castoff? Wilpon is sooooo smart Isn't he. ;-D Spencer boasts in 1486 MLB ab's a slightly better .260BA and a whopping 55HR. ... Yep, Shea should help him. Is his career 0-7 at Shea a telling sign. That ought to bring a few responses

As sad as it may seem ... This guy, Roger Cedeno is the Mets 3rd best OF. Yes Mets fans everywhere, Roger's .256BA at Shea is your best bet. I know its tough to swallow, but looking the options, I can't see it any other way.

what I am curious though is who will get the AB's. Its not always the best player ya know.
Come on, its the Mets, so anything goes.

"Just so we know you are washed up when we sign ya"... right? You know, The Mets. Of "Roto-Stud Reyes" fame ..

don't even say Timo Perez .. ;-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:15 am

How about Vlad or moving Soriano to OF?? Oh yeah. They passed on them. I actually voted for Garcia. If given enough AB's, I am confident that he is the best hitter of the bunch. He will do well, even in Shea. Plus, he should get most of the AB's against RHP.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:56 am

Lofunzo wrote:How about Vlad or moving Soriano to OF?? Oh yeah. They passed on them. I actually voted for Garcia. If given enough AB's, I am confident that he is the best hitter of the bunch. He will do well, even in Shea. Plus, he should get most of the AB's against RHP.

what about Cedeno?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:14 am

Hmm, maybe they will all get to play with Cameron allready limping
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Trax » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:04 am

Cameron is fine btw...

Garcia should get most of the at-bats early...but if the Mets seem like contenders in june/july they'll trade for an established RF bat...
Karim may have some value in NL only leagues for now...
Trax
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:27 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:How about Vlad or moving Soriano to OF?? Oh yeah. They passed on them. I actually voted for Garcia. If given enough AB's, I am confident that he is the best hitter of the bunch. He will do well, even in Shea. Plus, he should get most of the AB's against RHP.

what about Cedeno?

Roger who? ;-) :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:28 pm

Trax wrote:Cameron is fine btw...

Garcia should get most of the at-bats early...but if the Mets seem like contenders in june/july they'll trade for an established RF bat...
Karim may have some value in NL only leagues for now...

LOL :-D
Lofunzo

Return to Baseball Leftovers