What's the biggest weakness on my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What's the biggest weakness on my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the biggest weakness on my team?

Postby zifnab316 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Right now, I'm leaning more towards 2B and maybe SP, but because I always have 3 pitchers that always start on the same day, So I always wind up with no SP 2-3 times a week. I'm in a 14 team H2H non keeprr league on ESPN.

C Victor Martinez
1B Nick Swisher,
2B Kelly Johnson,
3B David Wright
SS Julio Lugo
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Manny Ramirez
OF Vernon Wells
Bench Jason Varitek
Bench Garret Anderson
Bench Curtis Granderson
Bench Nick Johnson
Bench Bobby Crosby

SP Roy Oswalt
SP Chris Young
SP Brett Myers
SP Tim Hudson
SP Jered Weaver
SP Brian Bannister
RP Kerry Wood
RP Takishi Saito
zifnab316
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's the biggest weakness on my team?

Postby still-hate-francisco-cabrera » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Your starting pitching is fine. If your biggest problem is that a bunch of your starters all pitch on the same day, you are in good shape.

Kelly Johnson isn't the best 2b in the league, but he isn't bad either. I actually think SS is your weak link. Both guys will drag your average down. You've got a number of other guys that get stolen bases. Ditch Lugo and get a short stop that can at least hit .260 for a full season.
still-hate-francisco-cabrera
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zifnab316 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:22 am

Probably reaching for the stars, but I've been trying to figure out a trade for Furcal. Just don't who to offer. The guy that has him has an open OF spot and 3 pitchers on the DL.
zifnab316
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yankees1088 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:28 am

I also think Lugo is your weak link. You seem to have nice depth wiht your outfield, with Granderson coming back soon. Also Varitek and Martinez at catcher is nice. Maybe you can package a deal and get a good SS and maybe get a pitcher that throws on a different day.
yankees1088
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zifnab316 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 am

yankees1088 wrote:I also think Lugo is your weak link. You seem to have nice depth wiht your outfield, with Granderson coming back soon. Also Varitek and Martinez at catcher is nice. Maybe you can package a deal and get a good SS and maybe get a pitcher that throws on a different day.

Would it be wise then to trade for Gallardo, or should I go for a different pitcher?
zifnab316
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmanjetfan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Not really much of a weakness, but your SP is relatively weak compared to your hitting. I am not really sure how you ended up with such a stacked hitting line-up, but I do congratulate you. Swisher will put up monster numbers for his price, Martinez is solid and Wright most likely will have the MVP season that everybody drafted him so high for. Maybe try packaging Manny and Varitek for a 2B like Kendrick and someone. But otherwise, as stated before, your team is extremely solid.
bmanjetfan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby yankees1088 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I do like Gallardo a lot and that move could pay off, but you would not want to trade for him and then have his injury return. What about someone like Tim Lincecum? From the above response I do not recommend trading Manny, he will have a monster year I feel. 2 more home runs tonight, leads the majors in RBI's.
yankees1088
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmanjetfan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:27 pm

yankees1088 wrote:I do like Gallardo a lot and that move could pay off, but you would not want to trade for him and then have his injury return. What about someone like Tim Lincecum? From the above response I do not recommend trading Manny, he will have a monster year I feel. 2 more home runs tonight, leads the majors in RBI's.

I definately agree with that, my idea in trading him was that because of the rediculous OF that he has drafted, Manny (or Beltran, but the Mets offense, along with the Sox, has the potential for rediculous #'s) might be good trade bait. But on second thought, you are probably right, keeping Manny would probably pay off better. Good point.
bmanjetfan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby yankees1088 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:19 am

Some help if you guys can.
viewtopic.php?t=337408
yankees1088
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team