Help with league set up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help with league set up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with league set up

Postby grammysboy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:04 pm

We have an AL only league this season and tried to set it up originally with normal rosters 2C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, U, 5OF and 5 SP and 4 P. 6 X 6 Roto with 12 teams. Since the draft and the start of the season, we have realized there are no players left to do any maneuvering. We have already started the season and are considering adjusting rosters to make things a bit more owner friendly.

Does anyone have a more suitable format for an AL only league with 12 teams and has anyone ever changed format after the season like we are considering?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help with league set up

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Even though it sucks to have to start Willie Bloomquist as one of your 5 OF and pray that he gets 10 AB/week and steals a few bags, I just don't see how you can change the rules without a unanimous owner vote in the middle of the season. If a couple of guys are frustrated, etc I dont think you can really do anything until next year unfortunately. It's kind of live and learn with rules/constitutions anyway - you might make some changes you think will be awesome and then have some other unintended consequences you didn't even think about. If all 12 guys are all for it, then I would say try to make a change, but since I seriously doubt that, you might just have to have a complete and informed decision on potential rules changes for '09. Hope this helps :-/
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with league set up

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:38 pm

Well, I dont know why the hell you would do 2 catchers in a 12 man AL only league. Its probably just a year to suffer and learn for the future.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner