Keeper league question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper league question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper league question

Postby Renatinho » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:03 pm

We're running our first keeper league in yahoo and have come up with a few questions that need answering.

1) Does everyone have to have the same number of keepers? We have our league set at 5 keepers but what happens if someone only wants to keep 3?

2) Do you draft the keepers on yahoo at the beginning or at the end? I've suggested the beginning but some people prefer the end.

Any help, ideas or links to the info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Renato
Renatinho
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reelbiggecko » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:06 pm

You shouldn't have to keep the same amount, but why wouldn't you? Unless of course you have a horrendous team, but even so, there's going to be nothing better on the board.

As for the keepers, draft them at the beginning. It really doesn't matter, but it just makes a lot more sense.
reelbiggecko
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:14 pm

If you are going to do a live draft you need to get the keepers out of the way first so someone dosen't pick 1 up by accident.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Apex » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:14 am

reelbiggecko wrote:there's going to be nothing better on the board.

In general you may be right, but in my league I'd definitely disagree. One guy had a packed team and had to dump Manny Ramirez, Scott Rolen and Edgar Renteria. There are other teams in the league that kept players like Orlando Cabrera, Wade Miller and Mike Lowell. All nice players, but I'd like a crack at the other guys if I had to keep a lower valued player.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Keeper league question

Postby Apex » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:19 am

Renatinho wrote:1) Does everyone have to have the same number of keepers? We have our league set at 5 keepers but what happens if someone only wants to keep 3?

BTW, to answer your first question, you could consider allowing owners to keep fewer player and give them an early pick instead, but I think at this point it would have to be a unanimous (or near-unanimous) agreement among the rest of the league.

In practice, all owners who kept fewer players would make early draft picks to get their teams up to the standard number before the rest of the league began picking.

I wouldn't like it at this point if I had a good selection of keepers, but I guess you do what you have to do.

The other option is to allow trades prior to developing a keeper list. This would allow teams with fewer keepers to trade their better keepers in a 2-for-1 for quantity over quality. Again not something I'd be doing backflips for.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers