Nature of Elbow Tendinitis and Rafael Soriano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nature of Elbow Tendinitis and Rafael Soriano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nature of Elbow Tendinitis and Rafael Soriano?

Postby TheGhost » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 am

Haven't been able to find much info. on Rafael Sorianos injury and the nature of elbow tedinitis. Is this type of injury something that can continue to be a problem for Rafael throughout the season? Or is it something that once it's better tends to go away? Anyone know when he might be returning? Thanks!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nature of Elbow Tendinitis and Rafael Soriano?

Postby Noah_B » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:36 pm

He had trouble with his elbow while in Seattle (his earlier years)... In fact, if I recall correctly he had surgery.

I'm debating on dropping him, if he returns his stuff could be shotty this year. My pitching staff is looking like a rehab center. :S
Noah_B
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheGhost » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:03 pm

No kidding. My pitching staff is like a M*A*S*H unit - Lackey, Gallardo, BJ Ryan, Rafael Soriano, Harden... and then of course Alfonso "lil' ballarina" Soriano goes down yesterday hopping around like a nancy boy. ARGH!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wildbill » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:28 pm

TheGhost wrote:No kidding. My pitching staff is like a M*A*S*H unit - Lackey, Gallardo, BJ Ryan, Rafael Soriano, Harden... and then of course Alfonso "lil' ballarina" Soriano goes down yesterday hopping around like a nancy boy. ARGH!

Lackey, Gallardo, BJ Ryan you should have known about or at least guessed before ST even ended. Harden? Please the same thing happened last year only he looked even better in ST then this year. If you end up getting double digit starts out of him you should be extremely happy. R Soriano, has a history of arm problems, so it can't be a complete shock. Look on the bright side Gallardo is supposed to be back around sunday.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ha_jai » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Totally agree with the above post. Don't know why people complain about injured players when they draft them knowing they were already injured? As for Soriano, you can't expect to NOT draft guys if they had an injury two or more seasons ago. If they can prove after one season that they are healthy, then I think they are safe to draft. Just my two cents.
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendon; I had it in my ankle once. Basically your tendon can't slide in the sheathe that it normally moves in and is a repetitive stress injury (it's normally called tennis elbow). When I had it in my ankle, it was 4-6 weeks to normality with no lingering effects. I'd expect the same for the elbow.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheGhost » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:04 pm

wildbill wrote:
TheGhost wrote:No kidding. My pitching staff is like a M*A*S*H unit - Lackey, Gallardo, BJ Ryan, Rafael Soriano, Harden... and then of course Alfonso "lil' ballarina" Soriano goes down yesterday hopping around like a nancy boy. ARGH!

Lackey, Gallardo, BJ Ryan you should have known about or at least guessed before ST even ended. Harden? Please the same thing happened last year only he looked even better in ST then this year. If you end up getting double digit starts out of him you should be extremely happy. R Soriano, has a history of arm problems, so it can't be a complete shock. Look on the bright side Gallardo is supposed to be back around sunday.

No, I hear what you all are saying. Both BJ Ryan and Harden I drafted in the last couple rounds because of their injury history. Not worried about Gallardo because the injury is to his knee instead of his arm. The reason I was dissapointed is because I traded for Lackey because I needed a SP. The same week the trade went through is when Harden and Soriano went down. Just bad timing and luck on my part. In any case, should I drop Rafael Soriano and add Rafeal Betancourt?
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates