Trade Opinion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Opinion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Opinion

Postby pelvis_kick » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:09 am

The time has lapsed to veto this trade as it happened Sunday, but I wanted your guys thoughts on the deal with some background.

Team A gets: A-Rod
Team B gets: Jose Valverde, Garrett Atkins, Tim Hudson

-Now, we have been giving Team B manager crap for a bad decision, but after thinking about it, he seems to be on the good side of trades all the time. First off, we are a 16-team keeper league where you keep 7. Of those 7, only 4 can be from the first 10 rounds or other keepers from the previous year. This is the 3rd year of the league. Both of these owners have been in the league the whole time(including a year that was a precursor to the keeper-league). Team A has been a contender every year and won last year. He also won the year before we started the keeper league which had 12 of the 16 teams. Team B has never finishes of 6th(of 12), 8th(of 16), and 13(of 16).

-We have a league that consists of a couple managers in there 50s, there sons(with the youngest being about 12), some brothers, cousins, etc. Team A is one of the guys in/or near his 50s, who has a son in the league(son is an adult). Almost everyone has been upset over this trade, especially those near the top each year as this really skews the league. However, the only person really speaking up saying the trade was fair is the son of the manager of Team A. It should also be mentioned that Team A and his son made a trade last year mid-July whereas Team A gave Ryan Garko and Freddy Sanchez and his son gave Chone Figgins. Not too crazy, however, I offered the son Nick Markakis and Delmon Young for Figgins just a week before and got rejected. To me, that trade, if any stunk of collusion.

So, are there just some dumb people in our league, should we look into Team A, or is Team A just that smart?
pelvis_kick
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Opinion

Postby noseeum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 pm

3 for 1 deals are always stupid. He's got to drop two other guys now, and he should have included them in his valuations. The guy getting Arod now has two free slot, which he can use to improve his team. And I bet he had two players in mind to pickup before the deal went through.

He got hosed. This is Arod we're talking about, and he got no one who could be considered even a 4th rounder in return. You know better than us if collusion is involved.

I never veto a trade, but I would ridicule team B mercilessly for the next ten years, so he's terrified of pushing the accept button from now on.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pelvis_kick » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.....
The ridicule has definitely began. Not just by me, but every other manager who is usually near the top. He is getting pissed and saying its his choice who to trade and what to do with his team. He also threatened to drop out of the league. Personally, he is a friend, but I wouldn't care. This is a keeper-type of league and we are in year 3 of 5. So this will effect us for at least the next 3 seasons. Also, we keep a tally of average finish and there is a nice prize for the winner at the end. The guy who got A-Rod was already in second in the dynasty standings and I was in 4th, but less that a position behind.
pelvis_kick
College Coach
College Coach

Postby noseeum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:14 pm

He wants to quit for being ridiculed? Isn't that half the fun of fantasy baseball? Tell him to suck it up and prove you guys wrong.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner