Mixed League 5 x 5 Roto W/ Weekly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Mixed League 5 x 5 Roto W/ Weekly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mixed League 5 x 5 Roto W/ Weekly

Postby Wilson33 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:28 am

I have been the commish of a mixed league 5 x 5 roto league for three years now. Our league awards a weekly prize as well as prizes for 1-3 at season's end. We have found that the weekly prizes keep all of the owners interested for the entire season.

Rosters are:

2 - C
1 - 1B
1 - 2B
1 - 3B
1- SS
1 - CI
1 - MI
5 - OF
1 - U
7 - SP
2 - RP
6 - BN

Game limits are 162 max at each offensive position (x 2 for C, x 5 for OF). Minimums for each position are 100 games (x 2 for C, x 5 for OF). Minimum AB is 4,500.

Pitching IP minimum is 1,000 IP and maximum is 1,600 IP. The innings limit allows each owner to spot start a few pitchers throughout the season.

Does this league setup hinder the owners in any way? The only problem that I can see is the strategy of picking RP instead of SP for the lower ERA and WHIP. If this is done, the owner will not reach the minimum IP if he picks four RP. We wanted this to happen to force all of the owners to pick equal rosters. To create a pitching staff, you must have 7 SP and 2 RP. Only 2 RPs can be active.

Is this setup junk, or does it force the league owners to think harder about their choices?

Thanks,

Me
...And this one belongs to the Reds...
Wilson33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mixed League 5 x 5 Roto W/ Weekly

Postby DaShiz23 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:36 pm

I think the league setup is fine, and does take some of the pitching issues people have out of play. My only problem would be the RP limit. unless this is a 16 team league, there will be many closers on the WW or bench. I like the ability to have as many RP as possible (for saves), because it brings strategy into play. You have to choose between that 3rd or fourth closer and a 5th OFer for example.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner