Anyone Interested in a Historical Mock Draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball History

Anyone Interested in a Historical Mock Draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LCBOY » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:30 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:I'd be glad to join in, and I have an idea.

On Whatfisports.com, you can make a dream team from different sports, so heres what we could do:

1. Do the draft here

2. Create our teams on Whatifsports.com, using any season we want from each player's career

3. Create a schedule for teams to play each other

4. Each week, the home team of each matchup (decided when the schedules are made) simululates 3 games against the team he is facing (like the average MLB series).

5. We play three weeks against each team, so if its 12 teams it comes out to a 33-week regular season, with 99 games played in total.

6. The top half of the teams make it to the playoffs

7. Top two teams get a bye

8. The final series, the World Series, is the same as the MLB one, with the first team to win 4 games as the winner

The standings could be kept here...just an idea, if anyone has any suggestions or alterations to that, let them be known

This might work...However I would make one suggestion. Let's pick a player's "season" to use randomly. This gives a higher level of uncertainty and makes it more interesting.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby frog99 » Sun May 02, 2004 5:13 pm

what ever endied up coming from this?
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LCBOY » Wed May 05, 2004 11:39 pm

I haven't forgotten about this. I think there would be most interest in the off season when there's nothing to do. I will make a spreadsheet of say the top 500 players of all time with traditional and sabermetric stats. We can then have the draft right after the World Series or in November. ;-D
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball History