Two Amazing Images In One Day! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Two Amazing Images In One Day!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Two Amazing Images In One Day!

Postby CheeseBeger » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 pm

http://www.local6.com/news/15875360/detail.html

Image In Hospital Brings Some To Tears, Prompts E-Mails
Hospital Calls It An Unexplained Image

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An unexplained image in a hospital prayer garden window moved some people to tears and drew groups of people to a hallway before vanishing, according to witnesses.

VIEWER IMAGES: Image At Hospital A crowd inside the Florida Hospital Medical Complex in Orlando snapped photos of the image apparently showing the profile of Jesus Christ crying.

"There was just a whole bunch of people putting their cell phones to the window, so I went over there and I saw a glow," witness Joel Cruzada said. "When you are standing there and there is a flurry of people talking about it, you are like, 'Wow, I'm actually here.'"

Cruzada, who was one of several viewers to send an e-mail about the image to Local6.com, said his ex-wife was recently diagnosed with stage-3 cancer.

"This was just a sign for me to not worry about what is going on in my life and that everything else is under control," Cruzada said. "It was an enlightening experience."

Another Local 6 viewer, Lorna, said she saw the image and noticed that a chaplain was snapping photos and videotaping it.

"I brought some people from my (hospital) unit and they saw it," Lorna said.

A viewer said the image caused "a commotion" in the hallway near the prayer garden.

The hospital is calling it an unexplained image.

An official said as long as the image makes people feel good, that is all that matters, Local 6's Charnel Wright said.

Witnesses said after a few hours, the image vanished.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this developing story.

And in other news, an atheist sees image of big bang in a piece of toast :-D :

Atheist Sees Image of Big Bang in Piece of Toast
For Immediate Release: Miracle Toast?

(ACPA-london) Excitement is growing in the Northern England town of Huddlesfield following the news that a local man saw an image of the Big-Bang in a piece of toast. Atheist Donald Chapman, 36, told local newspaper, "The Huddlesfield Express" that he was sitting down to eat breakfast when an unusual toast pattern caught his eye.

"I was just about to spread the butter when I noticed what was a fairly typical small hole in the bread surrounded by a burnt black ring. However the direction and splatter patterns of the crumbs and the changing shades emanating outwards from this black hole were very clearly similar to the chaotic-dynamic non-linear patterns that one would expect following the Big-Bang". "It's the beginning of the world" he added excitedly. Images of the actual Big Bang toast are copywrighted by Don Chapman so we can only show this image which is a US Govt public domain picture

Ever since news of the discovery made national headlines, local hoteliers have been overwhelmed by an influx of atheists from all over the country who have flocked to Huddlesfield to catch a glimpse of the scientific relic. "I have always been an Atheist and to see my life choices validated on a piece of toast is truly astounding" said one guest at the Huddlesfield Arms hotel.

To the surprise of many, the UK National Atheist Association has asked its members not to pay attention to the story despite its potential to inspire less faith. "Given what the religious believe already, this is an easy sell" said one disgruntled activist who said he was going to Huddlesfield anyway noting that "Seeing is not believing".

http://www.satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two Amazing Images In One Day!

Postby Tavish » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:45 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:http://www.local6.com/news/15875360/detail.html

Image In Hospital Brings Some To Tears, Prompts E-Mails
Hospital Calls It An Unexplained Image

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An unexplained image in a hospital prayer garden window moved some people to tears and drew groups of people to a hallway before vanishing, according to witnesses.

VIEWER IMAGES: Image At Hospital A crowd inside the Florida Hospital Medical Complex in Orlando snapped photos of the image apparently showing the profile of Jesus Christ crying.

Funny, it looked like Heihachi from Tekken to me.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:24 pm

I hate the Onion. :-C
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Umm... That image in the window is weird. X-I
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby bigken117 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:39 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I hate the Onion. :-C

That's harsh....I don't hate the Onion. I just don't find it funny.

Usually those images that look like the virgin Mary if you squint your eyes and look at it from a certain angle are kind of funny. But that image, though there has to be some scientific explanation, that looks like Jesus. A lot.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 253)

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:44 am

bigken117 wrote:Usually those images that look like the virgin Mary if you squint your eyes and look at it from a certain angle are kind of funny. But that image, though there has to be some scientific explanation, that looks like Jesus. A lot.

:-b

Being born in the Middle East of Jewish descent in the Roman Era, Jesus looked nothing like that. He was likely about five feet tall, with bushy, curly brown or black hair, with a curly beard and olive to dark olive-colored skin, brown eyes and likely he had a prominent nose.

He was not what this image looks like. Not in the least.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 am

knapplc wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Usually those images that look like the virgin Mary if you squint your eyes and look at it from a certain angle are kind of funny. But that image, though there has to be some scientific explanation, that looks like Jesus. A lot.

Being born in the Middle East of Jewish descent in the Roman Era, Jesus looked nothing like that. He was likely about five feet tall, with bushy, curly brown or black hair, with a curly beard and olive to dark olive-colored skin, brown eyes and likely he had a prominent nose.

I heard he wore a viking helmet and always held a machine gun.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:32 am

knapplc wrote:

The European image of Jesus always cracks me up. When did that start anyway? The Renaissance?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 am

bigken117 wrote:But that image, though there has to be some scientific explanation, that looks like Jesus. A lot.

How do we even know what he looked like???
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:52 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:

The European image of Jesus always cracks me up. When did that start anyway? The Renaissance?

I'm not sure. The Renaissance makes sense, but who knows. I think we'd like to see God in our own image more often than not, so I would imagine that white people saw Jesus as white pretty early on in the going.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk