Screwed up draft. New Settings. Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Screwed up draft. New Settings. Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Screwed up draft. New Settings. Keeper League

Postby lakers8n32 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:05 pm

This league is so screwed up. I don't even know where to start. Lets's ust begin with me not being the commisioner. I'm just one of the 12 players in this league. This is the second year of keeper league. I'll start with the draft. If we weren't going to make the draft we were supposed to pre-rank out 7 keepers first, so that they wouldn't get picked after the 7'th round. I wasn't at the draft but I did pre-rank the way it was supposed to be. Two of the other owners obviously didn't pre-rank. Instead of getting my keepers like Hanley Ramirez, Chase Utley, Miguel Cabrera and Ryan Braun, I end up with Chone Figgins, Francisco Rodriguez, Alex Rios, Jason Bay. Those are nice players but not anywhere near who I was supposed to get. In the end, a few teams are screwed up and the commissioner is as pissed as everyone else. He sends a league note that is accusing me and others of not soing what we're supposed to do. Later on I fix that problem by calling him out and he apologizes. Now that the draft is over and teams are fixed and are set, another problem arises. I figure out that we played with 2 Util. spots last season and only 1 is set for this season. The MLB season has already started and it's too late to change settings. When I figure out the mistake, I send a league email. My question never gets answered until I bring it up again a week later. Now, I kept Miguel Cabrera, Ryan Braun, Chase Utley and Brandon Phillips thinking we would have 2 Util spots. Now I'm stuck with Brandon Phillps or Miguel Cabrera on the bench because of a commissioner's mistake. When he finally answers he blames Yahoo for the mistake and says maybe it was his fault. Later in the email he says he's sure I can overcome this and that he pland on using just the 1 Util spot next season. I'm puzzled by the way he has reacted to situations. My team is very good and that 2 Util spots would make it even better. I've considered leaving this league. My question to you is, what should I do? What should the commissioner have done?
Thanks for taking the time to read this...
Steve
lakers8n32
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Screwed up draft. New Settings. Keeper League

Postby noseeum » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Why don't you suggest that the commish is obviously busy with other things and perhaps he'd prefer to step down? Maybe someone else has more time to not be so careless.

Probably should be a private suggestion. If it's a good group of people, no sense blowing it up because of a dumb commish.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lakers8n32 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Yeah. I actually did that last season and he just replied with a "No, I got this". My team in this league looks like this:
C Bengie Molina
1B Alex Gordon
2B Chase Utley
3B Ryan Braun
SS Hanley Ramírez
OF Álex Ríos
OF Kosuke Fukudome
OF Jason Bay
Util Miguel Cabrera
BN Hunter Pence
BN Ian Kinsler
BN Brandon Phillips
SP Justin Verlander
SP Oliver Pérez
RP Mariano Rivera
RP Joakim Soria
P Joe Blanton
P Joe Saunders
P Andy Pettitte
BN Brian Bannister
BN Jeremy Guthrie
DL Yovani Gallardo

Do I really want to give up this team that I've worked so hard on to get that lineup?
lakers8n32
T-Ball Trainer

Postby noseeum » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:41 pm

OK, well escalate it to the league then. Clearly he doesn't "got this." He's screwing up the league with his incompetence. Either assign someone as a second commish to help him out or boot him out of the role entirely. He's not handling it.

Or tell him privately again, "look, you've completely screwed up this league two years in a row. I invest a lot of time in this and it's frustrating when these things happen. Either step down or let the league assign someone to help you please because this is BS."
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lakers8n32 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:26 am

Yeah. I've actually asked 2 of my buddies in the league to help me oust him as commissioner. To me, he lacks knowledge, know how and common sence. I'm not sure how he will react or how his few friends in the league will either... This entire league is screwed up and it makes me just want to give the team up to someone who will have the patience to deal with the crap.
lakers8n32
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Newkie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Not sure if this is a Yahoo league or other? But we had the same problem with our Yahoo league and the Commish had the power to move the players to the appropriate teams.
Good luck

Newkie
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 29)

Postby Eagle Baseball » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:24 am

likely a lot of the problems are because of the one UTIL spot. Yahoo will not put players on your bench until it fills your entire starting roster. Braun was a 3B at the start of the year. So Yahoo would not give you MCab, Braun, Utley and Phillips no matter how you had them pre-ranked. The other managers that had problems could have run into the same thing. That falls on the commish for not setting up the league as everyone assumed it would be set up, but it also falls on you and the other managers. I mean when the league is set up everyone should go to the settings page and just look it over.

I can see why Yahoo has this setting of not putting players on the bench until the starting roster is set and is a small pain in baseball but a large pain in football where you want bench RB's before many other positions.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner