Rate my first H2H team, suggestions welcome... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my first H2H team, suggestions welcome...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my first H2H team, suggestions welcome...

Postby ramble2 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:23 pm

Hi everyone.

I did a live Yahoo draft this morning, in a 12 team H2H standard Yahoo league. I've never participated in a H2H league before, and am excited. Any comments or suggestions would be great. Here's my squad, with round taken in '()'.

C Toby Hall (18)
1B Konerko (8)
2B Vidro (9)
3B Rolen (4)
SS J. Hernandez (12)
OF Ordonez (1)
OF M. Ramirez (3)
OF P. Wilson (11)
Util Pierre (14)
Bench V. Wells (16)
Bench Dye (17)
Bench Jose Cruz (18)

SP Zito (2)
SP Hudson (6)
RP Rivera (5)
RP Foulke (10)
P Wood (7)
P Beckett (14)
P S. Willamson (19)
Bench Rhodes (20)
Bench Embree (21)

There was a run on closers starting in the 3rd round, that really picked up by the end of the 4th! (Thanks to Yahoo pre-rankings, I'm sure) Despite that, I still grabbed Rivera and Foulke.

I think I grabbed Rolen a little early, but panicked when Chavez got taken right before my pick.

My only concern are stolen bases. Though because it's a head-to-head, I figure I just throw Pierre in there when I'm competing against someone who might challenge me there.

Spooneybarger is still available, and I may dump Rhodes to get him in the hope of getting more saves. Or I might grab Peavy instead, to shore up my SP (with, um, another shaky arm).

Overall I'm really happy with this squad, and I think I'll be able to make a run for the title. I've got a deep enough OF that I should be able to make trades where necessary, and there are always good SP to be found on the waivers.

Any suggestions?
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby syphir » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:13 am

Quite impressive. You should do well in your league.

Very surprising that Hudson lasted to the sixth round - quite a steal that late. Both your hitting and pitching is solid with steals (as you mentioned) your only possible concern. Is Dave Roberts available? I am not so high on Pierre. Roberts had around 40 SBs in a platoon role last year and he should get the majority of starts this year with Grissom gone.

And I like Peavy better than Rhodes - Rhodes won't earn you enough for a roster spot besides Ks and a few saves here and there.
syphir
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team