problem with keepers and a bitter manager - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

problem with keepers and a bitter manager

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: problem with keepers and a bitter manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:27 pm

noseeum wrote:
one ton wrote:I just can't even understand how it got to this point. How did this not get dealt with before the season started? I'd have to say all three teams involved are at fault.

Unfortunately, this seems like it could be a fatal blow to your league, at least for this season. No matter what you do people are going to feel like it was compromised.

The only way I can think of to level the playing field is to make every other team drop one of their keepers. Then hold a lottery to set a new waiver order. Then everyone is dealing with the same level of adversity that the guy who got screwed is. Still FAR from ideal; in fact, it sucks. And good luck convincing the league anyway.

Sorry, because that's really unfortunate.

This is why I suggested the commish's team should bear the brunt of the punishment. It's clear he's the one who screwed up. It's his responsibility. He needs to fall on his sword here. The guy who kept Pena should have a choice between taking a player off the commish's team or taking Pena. If he takes Pena, the other dude gets to take a player from the commish. Give the commish waiver priority one right now as a consolation, as well as a promise that you won't hire someone to kick his a**.

I'd agree with this, assuming that the guy who kept Pena alerted the commissioner before the season started (or very soon after). If the guy who should have Pena didn't even realize it until the end of Week 2, he has to take some of the blame.

Luckily for me, CBS sportsline takes care of letting people declare their own keepers so I wouldn't run into this problem. :-)
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nails86 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:28 pm

You think this is bad? We have a GM in our league who is saying that he is building for the future. He has traded almost all of his keepers for virtually nothing. He traded for Longoria and then dropped him. This maniac is a mess and his name is Bear. Because of this he has been picking up players that rhyme, almost rhyme, match, or come close to his name. He picked up HAIRston Jr., some minor leaguer on Florida named Bear, Nick Black(bear)burn, (B)Aaron Hill, Scott HAIRston, Austin K](b)ear]ns. It is an absolute mess. All the kid does is sit there and pack lips, waste money on random things including awful free agent pickups, eat gross foods, and destroy fantasy leagues. Rumor has it that his next pick up will be none other than BARRY BONDS.
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Metsin06 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:39 pm

I think the real issue here is much larger than just a mix up of the Penas. In one league we had a guy draft Cabrera...Asdrubal that is. He thought it was Miguel. Then he took Abreu...Michel Abreu. Thinking it was Bobby. And in another league, one maniacal GM has Hanley, Manny, Alexei, Horacio and Aramis Ramirez.

The main problem with illegal immigration to our country is the amount of common last names. Not only is it confusing our border patrol and INS agents, but it is destroying fantasy leaguse. Ive seen numerous mix ups like this and its the main reason why I am against illegal immigration to this country. The names are just too damn similar and its destroying fantasy leagues as a result.
Metsin06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby noseeum » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Metsin06 wrote:I think the real issue here is much larger than just a mix up of the Penas. In one league we had a guy draft Cabrera...Asdrubal that is. He thought it was Miguel. Then he took Abreu...Michel Abreu. Thinking it was Bobby. And in another league, one maniacal GM has Hanley, Manny, Alexei, Horacio and Aramis Ramirez.

The main problem with illegal immigration to our country is the amount of common last names. Not only is it confusing our border patrol and INS agents, but it is destroying fantasy leaguse. Ive seen numerous mix ups like this and its the main reason why I am against illegal immigration to this country. The names are just too damn similar and its destroying fantasy leagues as a result.

It happens with white guys even worse: See Braun, Ryans.

Eric Karabell posted about a league this year where someone paid over $40 for Ryan Braun of the Royals! Now that's priceless. I'm sure whoever called his name was hoping this would happen, and it worked. LOL.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner