Jeremy Bonderman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeremy Bonderman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeremy Bonderman

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:07 am

With his team struggling it is not helping him at all.

Do you guys see him improving or going down.

He usually breaks down after the All-Star break and maybe he is just breaking down before it this year.

Any input?
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeremy Bonderman

Postby fbc_fan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:16 am

i'm guessing he's not all the way back from his arm problem last aug/sept (i can't recall exactly, and i'm too lazy to look it up). i'm holding onto him for the time being to see how this pans out. he seems to have enough talent to warrant a roster spot.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:27 am

He looked horrible in the first two games and in today's game he was just okay.

He's only 25 but has logged nearly 1000 mlb innings. His stuff is decent but it's not as good as in years past. I wouldn't be surprised if his elbow is still bothering him. I'm not sure his stuff is still good enough to strike anyone out anymore.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:04 am

He is mainly a two pitch pitcher. He's got great stuff but he might be more suitable for the pen.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:09 am

I hated to do it but I just cut him loose in my money league.

It all comes down to a crappy Detroit bullpen that looks like it's not going to be getting any better anytime soon. Rodney is out indefinitely and Zumaya will be back after the ASB most likely (which, coincidentally is when Bonderman sucks the most).

Bonderman may get 10-15 wins but will come at too high of a ratio hit for me to take.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby J35J » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 am

Yoda wrote:He is mainly a two pitch pitcher. He's got great stuff but he might be more suitable for the pen.

Exactly, he only has 1 speed on his pitches...hard. There have been quite a few threads over the last year or two here that you can look up and see the discussions on Bonderman. He likely only has limited upside as a SP unless he can grasp better secondary offerings.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:33 am

slomo007 wrote:I hated to do it but I just cut him loose in my money league.

It all comes down to a crappy Detroit bullpen that looks like it's not going to be getting any better anytime soon. Rodney is out indefinitely and Zumaya will be back after the ASB most likely (which, coincidentally is when Bonderman sucks the most).

Bonderman may get 10-15 wins but will come at too high of a ratio hit for me to take.

I just did the same thing. I just can't count on him anymore
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:He is mainly a two pitch pitcher. He's got great stuff but he might be more suitable for the pen.

Exactly, he only has 1 speed on his pitches...hard. There have been quite a few threads over the last year or two here that you can look up and see the discussions on Bonderman. He likely only has limited upside as a SP unless he can grasp better secondary offerings.

i hear he's been throwing more changeups this year ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:41 am

He looked better yesterday, more movement on his pitches but still lacks the oomph to rack up the big K numbers he used to have. Also of note is that he is soft. Pudge inexcusably drops a pop-up (he is the most over-rated defensive catcher in the game) and Boderman falls apart to the tune of 2 runs. He just doesn't seem to have the toughness to see him through rough spots in a game.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby perlick29 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 am

moochman wrote:He looked better yesterday, more movement on his pitches but still lacks the oomph to rack up the big K numbers he used to have. Also of note is that he is soft. Pudge inexcusably drops a pop-up (he is the most over-rated defensive catcher in the game) and Boderman falls apart to the tune of 2 runs. He just doesn't seem to have the toughness to see him through rough spots in a game.

I was thinking the same thing when it happened that he was going to fall apart after the error. Then I started cursing Pudge. Then I started cursing the Tigers announcers for not bashing Pudge. He drops the ball and all they can say is, "well he got a glove on it at least." Hello? Is this thing on? Then of course I cursed Bobby Seay for letting all the inherited runners score.

Bonderman is clearly struggling right now, and I dont think he'll be the ace people have been waiting for for a long time (me) but I still think he can be useful on a fantasy roster. If only we knew more about his elbow, that would help.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers