Please Help Me Improve My Team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Help Me Improve My Team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Help Me Improve My Team?

Postby rasto21585 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Well I am in 12 team h2h yahoo league. The Stat Categories: R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, IP, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Just wanted to know what were my strengths and weaknesses and how should improve my team...Thanks in advance

my team:
c: j.r. towles
1b: todd helton
2b: yunel escobar
ss: troy tulowitzki
3b: chipper jones
of:ken griffey jr.
of:magglio ordonez
of:nate mclouth
util: billy butler
util:frank thomas
bn: adruw jones
bn: carlos gomes
bn: evan longoria
bn:asdrubal cabrera

sp: johan santana
sp:felix hernandez
sp: jered weaver
rp:francisco cordero
rp: joakim soria
p: rafael betancourt
p: pat neshek
bn:chad billingsley
bn: micah owings
dl: jj putz
rasto21585
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 213)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Help Me Improve My Team?

Postby tribe1045 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 pm

I like your offense. However, your teams stregth is in numbers. The talent is spread to a point where creativity may be the only way to improve. Improving in one area will almost undoubtedly open a hole in another. Your team is lacking a major SB threat. With the exception of Carlos Gomez and Nate McClouth, you have very little speed. I like Towles catching. ESPN has him projected at .285-12-59 this year, he will by no means carry your team and that's okay because he shouldn't need to. No catcher will unless you have Victor Martinez or maybe Russell Martin who isn't off to a pretty start. You have Escobar who you hope will be scoring the majority of the runs that Chipper is driving in so you can get two points for the one instance. A lot of your team's success rests on the shoulders of Troy Tulowitzki. Another big season from him would be a huge lift for your team which, on paper, looks nice and sounds pretty, but in reality, has players in Todd Helton, Ken Griffey, Jr., Frank Thomas and Andruw Jones who simply aren't what they were a few years ago. And in Griffey's case, more than a few years. McLouth has been looking good so far this year, but he won't hit .383-.439-.650 all year. Asdrubal Cabrera really isn't much of a fantasy contributor although he really served as a spark for Cleveland down the stretch last year. I'm looking for big years from both Billy Butler and Evan Longoria. Troy Tulowitzki, though, is your key cog. He may well dictate the success of your team.
Pitching-wise. Santana, Hernandez and Weaver are solid, but after that you could use another reliable arm. Billingsley had a very solid 2007, but he only made 20 starts and his greatest commodity, his Ks and 141 in 147 IP saw a significant inflation from 06-07. In 2006, with 90 IP, Billingsley had 58 BB and 59 Ks. Not to mention 92 hits in those same 90 innings. It seems a wonder to me he kept his ERA at 3.80... I'm not sure what you're aiming for with Betancourt and Neshek as I don't see holds in your categories anywhere. Perhaps you foresaw a trade for Joe Nathan before he signed the new contract and figured Neshek was next in line. Perhaps poor performance for Borowski opening the door for Betancourt. It would seem that Nathan is staying it Minnesota and it doesn't look like Betancourt is next for closer when Borowski loses his job. Given his success in the setup role, it seems like Masa Kobayashi is next in line. Or perhaps Jensen Lewis. You were set in saves with Putz healthy and I still don't see much of a cause for concern now even with him not. Cordero and Soria may be enough.
tribe1045
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team