Cinci - 3B/SS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cinci - 3B/SS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cinci - 3B/SS

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm

kab21 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think Gonzalez is going to be traded. The Reds are pretty deep in good 3B/SS/2B guys in the minors. 3B/SS Todd Frazier could probably play right now in the majors.

Is this the same Todd Frazier that has played in about 23 total low-A MiLB games? He's no doubt talented, but I think you're a little optimistic about him be able to play in the majors right now.

The knock on Keppinger was that he was only adequate at SS defensively (advantage Gonzalez). I'm not sure if this means miserable or just slightly below average. I wouldn't be surprised to see Keppinger as a super sub playing 3-4 games/week all over the infield. Or for them to dangle EE as trade bait. I have gotten the impression that he's not a management favorite in Cinci (maybe I'm wrong).

Well, he was drafted out of Rutgers and will move quickly. I'm not saying he'd excel in the majors right now but he has outclassed Dayton-A already. He's top 5 in just about all offensive cats in the Mid-West league. The knock on Gonzalez is his bat and Keppinger has fine ability at SS just not the arm needed. I'd take Keppinger over Gonzalez if Keppinger can maintain the position, which I'm not sure he can. He's shown a "tired arm" when throwing to 1B from SS.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers