Looking for suggestions WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Looking for suggestions WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Looking for suggestions WHIR

Postby kretz330 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Your team needs some better closers, but having 4 you should be alright in that category. If I were to suggest anything it would be to start all of your outfielders and only 1 catcher. That should help with the "runs" problem that you are having.
kretz330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RobRob27 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:57 am

The team looks solid in several areas. Wright is a stud; I would have taken him with the second pick if I'd had it. He could go 40/40 and you can't pass that up. Your outfield looks good to, but I can see where you falter with runs. Maybe Swisher moving into the leadoff position won't be such a bad thing for your team. The pitching looks solid as well. I was all about Cueto, but I couldn't sneak him onto my team after that first start he made, so I picked up Volquez in his stead. Keep an eye out for HRs too, power is becoming more and more difficult to come by these days.
I gruntle the disgruntled.
RobRob27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JJStokes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Looking at your team, I like your closers (having 4 is great), starting pitching, David Wright and your outfielders.

However, like some of the other posters, I am not really sold on your offense as a whole. Both Molina and Towles are serviceable but it would be better to only have one (or even better, pick up the hot handed FA catcher every couple weeks and play them out). Although Butler & Swisher could be placed in your 1B slot, you should really look for a better upgrade. Most analysts say that Butler should hit between 15-20 home runs and Swisher, while a good power hitter, will also lower your AVG.

You will need more power and speed. When I looked at your team, that was the first thing I was thinking. I found an article from Yahoo about average stats you should be targeting (this came out before the season started.) Here is the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mlb/new ... oa2_022508
JJStokes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team