any hope for my pitching to rebound?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

any hope for my pitching to rebound??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

any hope for my pitching to rebound??

Postby bluejkrew » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:31 pm

I've had probably the worst start ever in terms of pitching thanks to the likes of Sabathia, Lilly, and others. I currently sport a 7.00 era and 1.64 whip, and needless to say dead last in both cats. With my rotation, is there any chance of rebounding to respectable numbers??

C.C. Sabathia
James Shields
Zack Greinke (benched him in both of his stellar starts, cuz i thought they were poor matchups)
Ted Lilly
Jonathan Sanchez (just picked up off FA)
Randy Johnson (just activated off DL)
Scott Kazmir (DL)

relievers = Jenks, Gagne, Wood
bluejkrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: any hope for my pitching to rebound??

Postby Ryno23 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Find some top notch MR.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby yossarian » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:49 pm

It kind of comes down to whether or not you think CC is going to get better. I stayed away from him this season cause of all the pitches he threw last season. I don't think he's gonna be THIS bad all season however.

Shields is money, and personally I'm thinking (hoping) Greinke will keep up the good work. Sanchez will get you lots of Ks, but don't be surprised if he completely implodes here or there. Maybe not the best if you're trying to climb out of the cellar regarding ERA and WHIP. Kaz is another I stayed away from cause of his work load, on top of his elbow issues in spring training. However if he can come back from his injury healthy he's obviously a great pitcher.

Ummm....so...yes, depending on some health issues and whatnot, I think you can climb out of the cellar. And yeah--top notch MRs would be good to help your ratios.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DeadWinterDay » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:46 pm

im not a fan of lilly this year

CC Kaz Shields will all be good

out of the remaining 3 I like Greinke the best

sanchez we dont know yet but yeah thats a ton of Ks, i agree with the guy above me on both of these 2.

RJ is OLDDDD so who knows
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tribe1045 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:50 am

Your pitching has too much potential to stay in the cellar. Sabathia is undoubtedly off to an awful start, but it's been noted to be a flaw in his mechanics and he's been quoted as saying he knows what he has to do to turn it around. Stick with him. Kazmir and Shields, unlike in years past, will be able to put up good numbers AND get wins with TB's improved offense. I think Greinke is on track and I don't think this is a fluke. He's just beginning to realize his potential and I believe this is only the beginning of the line for him. Unlike in years past, he has a defined role and is expected to stay a starter for the long-term. I've never been really high on Lilly and don't see him as much more than an extra arm. Sanchez, like the others above me noted, will rack up the Ks, but control and consistency have plagued him throughout his young career. Don't lose faith in him when he starts to struggle, just know beforehand what you're getting. Johnson is old and won't be counted on too much to handle the load because the DBacks have both Webb and Haren anchoring the rotation. It really all depends on his health. He's not one to rely on, but stick with him. If he stays healthy, he'll be a nice surprise. I have faith in Wood's ability as a pitcher and I don't see him losing his job for poor performance. Should his health allow it, the job is his to keep, even with other options Marmol and Howry. Jenks is money in the bank for 30 saves. 40 if the White Sox can get him that many leads. Gagne doesn't have the greatest job security, so you'll have to keep an eye on his performance. If he appears to be going down, be ready to get out while you can. Your pitching is good enough to turn it around as there is still a lot of season left to be played. However, if your offense can spare it, another option would be ideal. Perhaps Dustin McGowan is available?
tribe1045
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team