Need some SB's!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need some SB's!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some SB's!!

Postby BigW37490 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Are there any sleeper players who can get me some stolen bases. I need some SB's bad and want to see what good options are left in the fa pool.
BigW37490
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some SB's!!

Postby horste » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:59 pm

Popular ones

Gomez, Bourn, Corey Patterson (until baker comes to his senses and has some power. I traded for him early and have benefited greatly for it)

Others

Rajai Davis, Velez, Werth (now starting while Victorino is out), Lugo (even when he didn't hit last year he stole 20 bases), Joey Gathright.

It all really depends on how big your league is, and how they value some of the SB threats too. But those are a few that will help in deeper leagues for sure.
horste
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Russell James » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Anyone that plays the Yankees with Posada catching. This window is probably only a week long, but Posada's shoulder/arm has been hurting. Pedroia stole a base off of him last night, probably because the Yankees didn't want Posada to attempt to throw him out.

Specific Players:

Aybar, Mclouth, Bartlett, Gathright, Bourn, Tavares are just a few that I can come up with off the top of my head. Crisp is a decent option when he is playing. Warning though, some of these guys have horrible batting averages.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bluejkrew » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:11 pm

If Eugenio Velez gets regular PT, he's pretty much a lock to steal 30+ for the season...
bluejkrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Eugenio Velez and Joey Gathright are options, if SB is your concern. I can't imagine players like Bourn, Taveras, Patterson being available in FA in any but the shallowest and/or rookie leagues at this point, assuming standard scoring.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby BigW37490 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:29 pm

thanks, do you think gathright will maintain playing time with dejesus back?
BigW37490
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Russell James » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm

I don't. DeJesus is a solid hitter and has a better OBP.

I would go with Aybar. Everyone knows the Angels like to run and I see him having more PT than Gathright for the season.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Russell James wrote:Anyone that plays the Yankees with Posada catching. This window is probably only a week long, but Posada's shoulder/arm has been hurting. Pedroia stole a base off of him last night, probably because the Yankees didn't want Posada to attempt to throw him out.

Specific Players:

Aybar, Mclouth, Bartlett, Gathright, Bourn, Tavares are just a few that I can come up with off the top of my head. Crisp is a decent option when he is playing. Warning though, some of these guys have horrible batting averages.

The Yankees called Moeller up, so I doubt Posada's arm is going to be that much of a liability.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:48 pm

What about Brian Bocock? He could be a decent option if you're in an extremely deep league.
He's not a long term answer, but could be used until Vizquel returns.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Russell James wrote:Anyone that plays the Yankees with Posada catching. This window is probably only a week long, but Posada's shoulder/arm has been hurting. Pedroia stole a base off of him last night, probably because the Yankees didn't want Posada to attempt to throw him out.

Specific Players:

Taveras and Bourn at least don't play in the AL

Whoops I guess you had switched topics back to just base stealers.

Podsednik if / when Taveras gets injured/stinks it up
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers