If Kapler's hitting this well in the Brewers 2-hole..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If Kapler's hitting this well in the Brewers 2-hole.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

If Kapler's hitting this well in the Brewers 2-hole.....

Postby chipper » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:18 pm

....I think Mike Cameron may enjoy that spot as well upon his return.
Anyone think he has a big year hitting behind Weeks and in front of Braun/Fielder?
A lot of fastballs to be seen in that spot.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If Kapler's hitting this well in the Brewers 2-hole.....

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm very excited to see what Cameron will bring to the table. With a speedy runner like Weeks on the bases and the Braun/Fielder combo batting behind him, Cameron will see a healthy dose of fastballs, and he is a good fastball hitter. Plus, this will be the first time in his career really where he's played in a hitter's park. Plus, I can't wait to see a legitimately good defender somewhere in our starting lineup. Kapler's been a great story so far, but he's still Gabe Kapler. As pleased as I am with his play thus far, I hold no delusions that this will keep up over the long haul. I look forward to Cameron's presence.

On a side note, I'm excited that the Brewers are 8-4 despite Fielder and Braun doing very little, despite the absence of our #2 SP and our starting CF, and despite two blown saves by our closer. This team is pretty deep.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Why do people even care about Cameron he's been inconsistent and injured throughout his career. His a mediocre player at best.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby deutschland » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:26 pm

acsguitar wrote:Why do people even care about Cameron he's been inconsistent and injured throughout his career. His a mediocre player at best.

i disagree. he's actually quite predictable and has really only missed the bulk of one year due to injury since 1998. you can count on him for a 20/20 type season with a .250 average. that has value, although not really in shallow leagues with 3 OFs. if he is in fact going to bat 2nd in that lineup while playing most of his games in a favorable hitters park he definitely has some upside.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:33 pm

I have Cameron stashed on one of my benches and definitely look forward to seeing how he produces, especially given that Kapler is garbage and he's been awesome.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby chipper » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:37 pm

acsguitar wrote:Why do people even care about Cameron he's been inconsistent and injured throughout his career. His a mediocre player at best.

Uh, the guy averaged 20 hr, 20 sb, 80 rbi and 90 runs scored the last 2 years hitting in the Padre's lineup and playing half his games at Petco park. 8-o

I think he may be pretty useful hitting 2nd in that Brewer lineup, and in that type of hitters park. Just look at what Gabe Kapler is doing.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers