KC Pitching Staff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

KC Pitching Staff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KC Pitching Staff

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm

KC Pitching staff seems unrealistic so far this season. It seems KC has completely reversed their pitching from terrible to unbelievable. Bannister, Greinke, and Tomko are doing amazing and their star pitcher, Meche, is doing terrible. Coincidence or no? Their bullpen seems even more unbelievable than the starting pitching. J. Soria, J. Gobble, L. Nunez, R. Mahay, Y. Yabuta, R. Ramirez are all scoreless with exceptions to Mahay (who still has only given up 1 run in 6.1 innings) Should I keep an eye on KC pitching for my own benefit in my Fantasy League or are they just getting lucky?
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: KC Pitching Staff

Postby Chicago 2 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Its still a bit premature to add a guy like Bannister. Adding him is fairly similar to the Manny Para hype, after one good outing there were over 4000 adds on Para and then has a rough second outing and is immediately dropped. Now I'm not saying Bannister is going to struggle, if you have a guy on your team you would really like to drop its not too far fetched to stash Brian on your bench and proceed with caution in playing him.

I do like Greinke however, hes a guy I have added in a couple leagues and hes fairly proven and has the stuff to continue his hotness.

Tomko really should not even be considered, his brutal track record speaks for itself.

If Soria is remotely available in your league ADD HIM!! Solid closer and provides some nice Ks too add to his saves, not to mention the Royals are winning, go figure :-b

I suppose if your league is really deep you could go ahead and add some of their bullpen but in all seriousness unless your league counts holds relievers are rather useless.

Royals have some solid young arms, definitely pay close attention, but yes they have started off better than expected.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: KC Pitching Staff

Postby jswede » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:01 pm

I'll tackle two:

Bannister can be solid, but will never be overpowering - he's not as good as he was today, but is developing into a fine 3rd-4th SP. Had a great first June-Aug last year, about a 2.90 era, then fell apart a bit in Sep. Still turned in a 3.87 era and 1.21 whip. He just turned 27.

Grienke has been jerked around from RP to SP last few years and had a great 2nd half era of 2.42, near a k/inn and a .226 BA against. He ended the season with 7 starts posting a sub 3 era. He's only 25.

I drafted Grienke and I'm really looking fwd to next week's starts against SEA and OAK. Bannister I was watching, but he was picked up on the WW after last start, now he's going to cost way too much to get.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates