Fear & Loathing in Los Angeles? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fear & Loathing in Los Angeles?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fear & Loathing in Los Angeles?

Postby acsguitar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Well Girardi isn't doing much better for the yanks.

Man on 1st and 2nd 0 outs struggling pitcher on the mound for the sox's he lets Damon swing away down by 2.

Damon (good bunter and fast) grounds into a double play. Now thats dumb!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:53 pm

Yeah Damon should have been bunting or at least try to move the runners over. WTH were they thinking? I mean he is a decent hitter against lefties but still, you have to play the percentages. Terrible play by Melky although he probably would ahve been thrown out anyway but still.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:Well Girardi isn't doing much better for the yanks.

Man on 1st and 2nd 0 outs struggling pitcher on the mound for the sox's he lets Damon swing away down by 2.

Wrong thread, ACS, and which side are you rooting for the most now? :-B
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:40 pm

acsguitar wrote:Well Girardi isn't doing much better for the yanks.

Why in God's name would you ever bunt against a struggling pitcher? That's exactly what that pitcher wants to see. By bunting there you're surrending 1/6th of the remaining outs you have to work with; it's not a good statistical play.

And I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'struggling pitcher'. Lopez had only thrown 2.2 innings before yesterday's game, which is hardly enough to make any sort of reasonable assessment of struggling/pitching well.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:if im joe torre i hit loney in the 3 hole every day, day in and day out. he gets hits for a high average, gets on base, and has pop...whats the problem?

Erm, I think I said that already, son. :-b

Seemed to work like a charm for us down the stretch last year. I'm not sure why Joe thinks Loney's a better #5/6 hitter and I think he'll be less effective there in the long run.

sorry, i only scanned your humongous post :-b

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Torre is over-rated. By-product of big money Yanks. Once the Bosox anted up Torre wasn't so great anymore. Buck-up though Dogerfans, you've a lot of good players and they should be able to stay in the hunt despite their manager.
They do need to find a way to get Pierre out of LA.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 pm

moochman wrote:Torre is over-rated. By-product of big money Yanks. Once the Bosox anted up Torre wasn't so great anymore. Buck-up though Dogerfans, you've a lot of good players and they should be able to stay in the hunt despite their manager.

Pierre is so far from the problem that I really find it humorous. You have Andruw Jones batting less than .100, being even fatter and slower than ever and you think Pierre is the problem? Please explain!

Pierre/Kemp/Ethier is a pretty solid outfield.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:26 pm

slomo007 wrote:
moochman wrote:Torre is over-rated. By-product of big money Yanks. Once the Bosox anted up Torre wasn't so great anymore. Buck-up though Dogerfans, you've a lot of good players and they should be able to stay in the hunt despite their manager.

Pierre is so far from the problem that I really find it humorous. You have Andruw Jones batting less than .100, being even fatter and slower than ever and you think Pierre is the problem? Please explain!

They just bought Fatman Jones so there is no way they can dump him. But if Pierre gets hot they may be able to package him in some sort of trade. And I didn't mean to lay it on Juan. Torre blows games.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:29 pm

moochman wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

They just bought Fatman Jones so there is no way they can dump him. But if Pierre gets hot they may be able to package him in some sort of trade. And I didn't mean to lay it on Juan. Torre blows games.

I would honestly consider cutting him, or maybe trade him to the Mets (in need of OF help, not the smartest front office to put it nicely, and also would love to stick it to the Braves by having A. Jones). The Braves would get the last laugh though, lol.

Fatman Jones, nice. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:25 am

slomo007 wrote:
moochman wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Pierre is so far from the problem that I really find it humorous. You have Andruw Jones batting less than .100, being even fatter and slower than ever and you think Pierre is the problem? Please explain!

I would honestly consider cutting him, or maybe trade him to the Mets (in need of OF help, not the smartest front office to put it nicely, and also would love to stick it to the Braves by having A. Jones). The Braves would get the last laugh though, lol.

Fatman Jones, nice. ;-D

Carlos Beltran -- .289/.449/.474, 3 RBI, 9 R
Ryan Church -- .326/.383/.419, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 8 R
Angel Pagan -- .385/.458/.513, 10 RBI, 9 R
Moises Alou on his way back from the DL

I'd say right now the Outfield is the least of the Mets worries.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers