Cbssportsline Question/ Yahoo Comments - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cbssportsline Question/ Yahoo Comments

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cbssportsline Question/ Yahoo Comments

Postby Whomper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:30 am

I am in 4 leagues. 3 Cats leagues on Yahoo and 1 head to head points league on CBS. The points league is 1 score tallied from monday to sunday (points system is 1b=3 pts 2b = 5pts etc) The cbs league (points league) has been together about 6 years. Its a daily lineup league. My question is this. Is there any way to set it up where you are allowed to make lineup switches after the first game of the day has started ? I am not commish . He told us that there is not an option for lineup changes after first pitch. That is a major flaw in my opionion and its a huge plus on yahoo. Another feature on yahoo I really like is the arrow that indicates if the player is in the line up or not which cbs doesnt have. Does Yahoo handle non cat scoring leagues as well ? We may make the switch next year although we are all creatures of habit. Any answers or comments are appreciated. Thanks all.
Whomper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cbssportsline Question/ Yahoo Comments

Postby Matthias » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 am

He's right. All lineups lock 30 minutes before the first game.

If you don't like it, switch. I think CBS has a vastly superior product. But it's your league.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Whomper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:12 am

Matthias wrote:He's right. All lineups lock 30 minutes before the first game.

If you don't like it, switch. I think CBS has a vastly superior product. But it's your league.

We do like CBS. That is a major flaw though. This week alone due to a few rain outs / snow its frustrating to sit there and watch guys that are on your bench that could be subbed in for guys that are in your active lineup in a postponed game. Sometimes first pitch is too early in the day to see if a later game will be posponed or if a player is getting rested.
Whomper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Matthias » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:15 am

Whomper wrote:
Matthias wrote:He's right. All lineups lock 30 minutes before the first game.

We do like CBS. That is a major flaw though. This week alone due to a few rain outs / snow its frustrating to sit there and watch guys that are on your bench that could be subbed in for guys that are in your active lineup in a postponed game. Sometimes first pitch is too early in the day to see if a later game will be posponed or if a player is getting rested.

I think it evens out over the course of the season, but as i said, it's your league.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:24 am

Whomper wrote:Does Yahoo handle non cat scoring leagues as well ? We may make the switch next year although we are all creatures of habit. Any answers or comments are appreciated. Thanks all.

We support H2H scoring, Roto scoring, and Points scoring. In our Plus game, we also support H2H Points and H2h-One Win scoring (i.e. the matchup for a week results in 1 win, not 1 win per category).
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 91)

Return to Baseball Leftovers