Who will buy Y! StatTracker?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who will buy Y! StatTracker??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who will buy Y! StatTracker??

Postby rainman23 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:46 pm

"Free" Yahoo leagues are the biggest bargain going. I can't begrudge Yahoo finding a way to make a few pennies. It's a colossal pain having to track each game individually. And when it's time for those late Sunday games in a H2H league, the up-to-the-minute totals are indispensable. Count me in.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kweiss » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:51 pm

I just bought it. Money well spent in my eyes.

I'm usually up late every night, so it's nice to get a quick recap of how my team did that day. And I don't really have/make time in the morning to check up on the stats, so without it I'd be really separated from what's going on with my team. Especially in H2H leagues, I find it extremely valuable.
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:23 pm

I will. Worth every penny. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:51 am

This is one of the reasons why I hate Yahoo with a passion...

First of all, there fantasy site is hideous (appearence wise). Players are not added quick enough for savy owners to nab players before everyone knows about them. Then on top of that you have to pay for the stat tracker. This should be a standard otption...

CBS on the other hand gives you everything and the options improve every year. I love their scout team option which was enhanced this year. You are able to place players you are eyeing up on your scout team and it keeps up to the minute stats on how they are preforming right below your fielded team at no additonal cost.

The league homepage is very easy (and fun) to customize. Team owners are able to place custom articles with custom pics. For example, I was scouting Merkin Valdez on the cafe this week and found that the word "merkin" actually translates to pubic wig! Now this is pretty funny, but what makes it even better is that there is a guy in my league with the last name of Merkin. I was able to post a picture of a pubic wig along with a definition as an article. It was extremely funny and recieved many chuckles from my fellow owners. League message boards, custon league polls, player updates, extensive stats....the list goes on. I will never ever go Yahoo again after being a sole CBS user for the past 4 years. If you haven't checked out CBS yet, I highly reccomend checking it out. ;-D It puts Yahoo to shame...and no I do not work for CBS.
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby glcmustliveon » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 am

Yeah I play in both Yahoo and CBS, sportsline is way better IMO. Anyway, I will not be buying stat tracker

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 am

I'll be buying Stat Tracker, as I always do. I honestly cannot imagine anyone in a serious league would play without it. When it's Sunday afternoon and the ERA and WHIP for your match are .01 points apart, it really helps to know who to bench and who to start. I really don't feel like doing the math after every out a pitcher makes all day.

As for the people who have anything negative to say about Yahoo, I really can't imagine why. The interface is very easy to use and they allow you to have up to four FREE teams per account. Winner leagues and other options for returning players are nice, too. I've never played CBS- it might be better, it might not. I just don't get how you can say Yahoo should provide stat tracker for free. It's really the only way they make money off the deal- it's not like their fantasy pages are spammed with ads. I probably get 100+ free hours of entertainment from fantasy baseball every season. I'll gladly pay them $10 for that.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 am

Sid Bream's Slide wrote:I will buy it because it's like crack to me.

lol :-B

Uh, I could use a fix about now, myself ... :-o
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Matthias » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:02 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:I'll be buying Stat Tracker, as I always do.

tinfoilxtouch wrote:The interface is very easy to use and they allow you to have up to four FREE teams per account.

Well, these two statements don't really agree. The point is, sure, Yahoo is, "free" ... but when everyone sends them $10 to pay for live stats, in a 12-man league, you could've just paid for the, "expensive" Sportsline which really is a superior product. I always see threads of: "When will so-and-so be added to Yahoo?" "Is it worth saving a #1 waiver for so-and-so who is expected to arrive in June?" You never see those threads about Sportsline leagues. Anyone you want to add... is already there.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BiggGC » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:53 am

I like Yahoo's stats/player browser( or whatever) much more than CBS. I do hate the WW stuff Yahoo pulls.
Hmm.....
I have had problems with Football and Basketball ( not baseball tho)stats on CBS . If I pay for up to date stats I want them to be FRICKIN UP TO DATE. This is why I won't use CBS anymore :-P . Hmm....
I will buy StatTracker and I will love it! I will sit mindlessly :-L for hours looking for that green popup at the top of the screen to say " hello friend would you like to know who just hit a homer for you?" ;-D
Hmm....
Its like crack ...indeed!
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26 pm

i dont buy it to avoid checking box scores. ill do that anyway, but at the same time, i want to see how my era, avg, ops, etc... is comparing to my opponents so i can plan for the next day. if i wait until the next day i cant make any adds/drops to affect my team for the next day.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers