Guillen... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

Guillen...

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

Guillen...

Postby ondeckb » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Yanno......the more I see of Guillen, the less impressed I am. I just watched him lob a throw in to the infield that allowed Posada to advance to 3rd (resulted in a run). He just doesn't look like the "play catch" and hustle Royals I'm really enjoying. Add in some non-inspirational hitting.......I just dropped him in two Yahoo leagues.......what do you think....are you impressed or depressed with Guillen??
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Guillen...

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 pm

ondeckb wrote:Yanno......the more I see of Guillen, the less impressed I am. I just watched him lob a throw in to the infield that allowed Posada to advance to 3rd (resulted in a run). He just doesn't look like the "play catch" and hustle Royals I'm really enjoying. Add in some non-inspirational hitting.......I just dropped him in two Yahoo leagues.......what do you think....are you impressed or depressed with Guillen??

He is a very expensive version of Emil Brown. I was never real happy with the signing.
A. He isn't nearly the power hitter people make him out to be and never has been. He is a low 20 HR hitter.
B. He was facing possible suspension and the HGH tag is going to loom over him.
C. If they were going to spend the money, they should have gotten further into the bidding war for Torii Hunter. If you are going to overpay for a big name hitter, you might as well get one that can play defense.

He will certainly hit better than his current numbers, but he is the kind of fantasy player you get stuck with in a deep league just to fill a roster spot.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby kev921 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:02 am

When on the field, a true professional should overlook anything that does not affect the onfield activities. I can only imagine how hard it was to focus with a 15 game suspension hanging over your head, but Guillen appears to have been distracted in a big way. Guillen is obviously not a leader as a great number of Royals are also off to SLOW starts (meaning they will turn it around, Right?)

Let's hope something can spark a fire under most or all of these slow starting Royals.

Go Blue!
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Well, the baby hater is certainly trying to prove me wrong. A .438/.438/.781 line so far in June with 5 HRs. If he can stay hot with DeJesus and Aviles getting on in front of him the Royals offense could actually be interesting for a change.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Return to Kansas City Royals