Eric Hurley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Eric Hurley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Eric Hurley

Postby kretz330 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:46 pm

What do you guys think about this guy? I read an article that said he could be up and pitching by the middle of the season and I was just curious what his future is going to look like.
kretz330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Eric Hurley

Postby hybrid » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:01 am

He's a nice middle of the rotation type arm, though unfortunately he will be pitching in Texas which hurts his value a bit. Off to a rough start in AAA, but he could definately be up with the Rangers this year ... though I wouldn't suggest running to pick him up. He will likely have some rough times coming up, not someone I see having a big impact when being called up.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jwhands » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 am

I'm not too high on Hurley. He's not someone that I am going to be running to the waiver wire to snag once he gets the call.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:33 pm

I think he'll be better than people think he will be. I remember when texas had their DVD trio of Danks, Volquez, & Diamond. Well, Danks has made some strides since being traded to the White Sox, Volquez is on the brink of a breakthrough in Cincy, and Diamond has looked good in his attempt to rebound from TJ. With that in mind, many thought Hurley is/was the best pitcher in Texas and made Danks and Volquez expendable. I think he'll be a #2 and a borderline #1 during his career. His max is probably somewhere along Tim Hudson.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball