Southside three-baggers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Southside three-baggers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Southside three-baggers

Postby WittyC » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:37 am

How do you see the White Sox' third base situation playing out?

Crede looks like he's regained his '06 form, but he's still a health risk. Josh Fields is a decent prospect, but IMO he is not that big of a deal.

My guess is that as long as the Sox are in contention in the Central or wildcard races, both Crede and Fields will stay in the organization. But what if they fall out of contention and Crede is still playing well? Fields is still a couple of years away from hitting his prime, and his ceiling might not be much higher than that of a healthy Crede. If the Sox think they could compete in '09 or '10, they might be wise to hold on to Crede.

From a fantasy perspective, I don't think owners want to invest in Crede and see him shipped from the Southside bandbox to the spacious confines of Balco Bay.

What are your thoughts?
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Southside three-baggers

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am

If the WhiteSox get a decent deal for Crede he is gone. They tried trading him before the season but couldn't get anyone in return.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Re: Southside three-baggers

Postby shasty mcnasty » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:52 am

All indications are that Crede wants to hit the free agent market after this year...of course, agents have players talk that talk because it puts them in the best situation...either they get to hit free agency, or they get better negotiatiating position with the threat of it. If Crede decides he's okay with dealing with the Sox, and gives them some kind of home-town discount or something, i can see them signing him to another contract. But the thing is that the Sox are in such a strong position, what with Fields sitting there, waiting to take his spot. They just don't need Crede, so I can't see them resigning them unless the deal is to their liking. So, i think the most likely scenario has him traded part way through the season (especially if the Sox fall out of contention) or staying with the team for this season (if they stay in contention) and then hitting the market and likely going elsewhere.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Return to Baseball Leftovers