DL issues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DL issues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: DL issues

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 pm

My players need to use some 'flaxseed oil" and "the cream and the clear" to stay healthy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm

I currently have 6 DL players and an NA. I had 7 DL and an NA before Beckett came back. The problem is it's a dynasty and I can't just drop some of these guys or I lose them forever.

Kazmir
C. Cordero
Hirsh
Pedro
Carpenter
Cuddyer
Saltalamacchia (NA)

And as I mentioned, Beckett just came off the DL Sunday. The draft was last year, so Carpenter has 6 IP for my team since the draft over a year ago. %-6 :~(
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm pretty cut throat when dealing with my DL/NA guys. I usually cut them unless they're complete studs.

On one team, I had to drop Andy LaRoche, Wily Mo Pena, and Colby Rasmus to clear space for BJ Ryan, Pedro Martinez, and Mike Cameron. They also just got back Josh Beckett. I put myself at a disadvantage by drafting a guy who I knew was heading for the DL when I got them (Ryan twice, Escobar, and Kazmir) though so I shouldn't really complain.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:03 am

I am the opposite this year.
Last year I had a year-long ghost ship dynasty team, and a dynasty team with unlimited DL spots which I came second (I still ended up with 5 on the DL of this one).

In 2008 I have Pedro on one team and Gallardo on another and that's it. The unlimited DL team has zero players on the DL :-° :-L :-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby AllDay » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:56 am

Yoda wrote:Wow players and pitchers are dropping like flies... How many people are running out of room with their injured players?

We have 3 DL spots and 4 Bench in my keeper... I have Soriano, Prior, Putz and Kazmir on the DL. Rollins is hobling, Pujols has no elbow and Zimmerman coming off wrist surgery. Yikes what the hell did I do? :-o

Dump Prior.

I grabbed him as a FA just to stash on the DL - but when I needed space and heard the first reports of shoulder pain I decided I'm not going to wait until June for a guy with his history who is still whining about pain. He was a free roster addition while I awaited early reports - and those reports are not encouraging enough.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers