DL issues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DL issues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DL issues

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Wow players and pitchers are dropping like flies... How many people are running out of room with their injured players?

We have 3 DL spots and 4 Bench in my keeper... I have Soriano, Prior, Putz and Kazmir on the DL. Rollins is hobling, Pujols has no elbow and Zimmerman coming off wrist surgery. Yikes what the hell did I do? :-o
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DL issues

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Yoda wrote:Wow players and pitchers are dropping like flies... How many people are running out of room with their injured players?

We have 3 DL spots and 4 Bench in my keeper... I have Soriano, Prior, Putz and Kazmir on the DL. Rollins is hobling, Pujols has no elbow and Zimmerman coming off wrist surgery. Yikes what the hell did I do? :-o

?
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
Yoda wrote:Wow players and pitchers are dropping like flies... How many people are running out of room with their injured players?

?

Rafael.

I was hit with the bug, too. Mostly on pitching early on.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm

What did you do? You took Prior. Now the Pry-Guy is rubbing off on your roster. Dump him, quick! ;-7
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby j24jags » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm

I've got Lackey and Rafael Soriano in one league, BJ Ryan, Chad Cordero and Rafael Soriano in another :~(
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MTUCache » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:00 pm

*knocks on wood*

*knocks on wood*

Still no injuries yet this year to any of my hitters or pitchers... in fact, besides the slow starts by Holliday and Tiexiera, everything seems to be going about as well as I could expect.

*knocks on wood*
*knocks on wood*
*knocks on wood*
*knocks on wood*

:-o :-°
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:

What did you do? You took Prior. Now the Pry-Guy is rubbing off on your roster. Dump him, quick! ;-7

Yep. Drafting someone on the DL is a guarantee that your team gets hit by the injury bug.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:04 pm

I mean I grabbed Prior off waivers to stash him. Knew the risks I was taking with Kazmir but he was my 13th player on the roster. Don't know why I drafted Soriano knowing he is a risk. Putz was just bad luck but this is getting bad.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:04 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
OneLoveBoomer wrote:

?

Rafael.

Ah. Just noticed.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby saemick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:28 pm

the stupid commish only put for 1 DL spot :-t