Biggest Surprise Thus Far - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 am

I know a lot of people knew the Giants would be bad, but I'm still surprised at how bad they are. After watching a few of their games I would not be surprised if they scored the fewest runs in MLB history...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:33 am

Inukchuk wrote:I know a lot of people knew the Giants would be bad, but I'm still surprised at how bad they are. After watching a few of their games I would not be surprised if they scored the fewest runs in MLB history...

That is probably the least shocking thing this year. The fact that they scored 4 runs in a game 3X already this year is a shock. I figured it would take them until at least the AS break to reach that mark.

I'll take the O's as the big surprise so far. I still don't understand how they are winning.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby rotoquest » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:01 am

Old_Style wrote:You can also add the insane amount of blown saves by closers.


I still agree with this one because over half of the closers have blown saves so far, and I can't remember when that's happened before so early in the season.

Also the best pitchers in baseball seem to be the ones pitching against the DETROIT KITTENS.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1650
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Tavish wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:I know a lot of people knew the Giants would be bad, but I'm still surprised at how bad they are. After watching a few of their games I would not be surprised if they scored the fewest runs in MLB history...

That is probably the least shocking thing this year. The fact that they scored 4 runs in a game 3X already this year is a shock. I figured it would take them until at least the AS break to reach that mark.

I'll take the O's as the big surprise so far. I still don't understand how they are winning.


As an orioles fan, I sadly have to agree :,-(
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby jazzmanljg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:38 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Nate "I dont think anyone guessed I was white" McLouth


While his play hasn't surprised me that much, you're right on with my surprise at his skin color.

As a KC fan my vote has to go to the Royals for actually looking like they are developing into something. After season after season of being told this was the plan it may actually be happening. 8-o
Image
Thanks to soty for the great sig!
jazzmanljg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 401
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:59 pm

jazzmanljg wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Nate "I dont think anyone guessed I was white" McLouth


While his play hasn't surprised me that much, you're right on with my surprise at his skin color.

As a KC fan my vote has to go to the Royals for actually looking like they are developing into something. After season after season of being told this was the plan it may actually be happening. 8-o

It's 8 games into the season, nobody knows what's happening yet. I am a bit of a Royals fan, though, so I hope to see them do well.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:28 pm

mweir145 wrote:
jazzmanljg wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Nate "I dont think anyone guessed I was white" McLouth


While his play hasn't surprised me that much, you're right on with my surprise at his skin color.

As a KC fan my vote has to go to the Royals for actually looking like they are developing into something. After season after season of being told this was the plan it may actually be happening. 8-o

It's 8 games into the season, nobody knows what's happening yet. I am a bit of a Royals fan, though, so I hope to see them do well.

And any time they want to take it the Yanks, I'm a fan of that!
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby horatio » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:54 pm

How about a little love for my Oakland A's!! - they are 5-4, took 2 of 3 from Cleveland, beat Toronto twice already, played Boston hard, not a bad little ball club on the east side of the bay; so far anyway.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 826
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 16 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:06 pm

mweir145 wrote:
jazzmanljg wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Nate "I dont think anyone guessed I was white" McLouth


While his play hasn't surprised me that much, you're right on with my surprise at his skin color.

As a KC fan my vote has to go to the Royals for actually looking like they are developing into something. After season after season of being told this was the plan it may actually be happening. 8-o

It's 8 games into the season, nobody knows what's happening yet. I am a bit of a Royals fan, though, so I hope to see them do well.


Yeah, I find myself pulling for them each year as well, although not when they play the Yankees. :-C
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest Surprise Thus Far

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:13 pm

If this were the NFL we'd be in the third quarter of the first game right now. There are no conclusions to be drawn at this point of the season. ;-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eatyun and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact