100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Niemann

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeff Niemann

Postby sooner711 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:00 pm

I just saw this on CBSsportsline...

Jeff Niemann, SP TB
News: Jae Kuk Ryu was to be called up to replace Matt Garza (elbow, 15-day DL), but the Rays might make another move before his spot in the rotation comes up again Sunday. Jeff Niemann is a possibility.
Analysis: Niemann is off to a 1-1 start with a 3.27 ERA in Triple-A. He pitches six innings Tuesday, allowing four hits, three runs and three walks to go with four strikeouts. Niemann was a part of the famed 2004 pitcher draft with Justin Verlander, Jered Weaver and Phil Hughes, but he has failed to live up to that elite prospect status thus far. Consider him a sleeper in deeper AL-only leagues at this point. If he pitches well, he might even be able to beat out Jason Hammel for the No. 5 spot if and when Scott Kazmir and/or Matt Garza can return in early May.

Anyone have any news on this...or opinions on how you think Niemann will do when he gets the call. I've heard quite a bit about him over the last year or two...
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Niemann

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:39 pm

I think he will get the call when the start comes up. Niemann is a solid pitcher, but is still working on his command. I think he will be a good pitcher, but inconsistent in the beginning
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers