Gallardo vs Cueto... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gallardo vs Cueto...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby Ender » Thu May 01, 2008 9:17 am

Gallardo had a stinker just as bad as this last year, you can't read too much into one start. Gallardo's was in Coors so I give him a mulligan but it still completely fell apart on him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
(Past Year: 451)
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby mkultra » Fri May 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, Gallardo's out for the season with a torn ACL, so this discussion took a quick turn toward moot :-b
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1322
(Past Year: 50)
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby JoshExley » Fri May 02, 2008 4:52 pm

I would definitely take Cueto this year. ;-D
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 608
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Macon, GA

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 03, 2008 1:11 am

mkultra wrote:Well, Gallardo's out for the season with a torn ACL, so this discussion took a quick turn toward moot :-b


Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :-o :~(
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11338
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby Yoda » Sat May 03, 2008 1:24 am

The_Natural wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am going with Cueto.

Gallardo does have 110 IP more experience but still, it isn't enough to convince me that he can do that over a whole season. Gallardo is also a bit riskier in terms of injury since he is already hurt and also hasn't pitched a full MLB season yet.

Cueto is bound to hit some rough patches but given his excellent command, I don't think his slumps will last as long as some of the other rookie pitchers we've seen. Who was the last guy to start off their career with a 18/0 K/BB? Patient hitters or not, if he keeps pounding the strike zone then it doesn't matter who is hitting.


Ouch. :-D

I had to do this because I value your posts.


Call me Nostradamus. ;-7
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby The_Natural » Sat May 03, 2008 2:37 am

Yoda wrote:
The_Natural wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am going with Cueto.

Gallardo does have 110 IP more experience but still, it isn't enough to convince me that he can do that over a whole season. Gallardo is also a bit riskier in terms of injury since he is already hurt and also hasn't pitched a full MLB season yet.

Cueto is bound to hit some rough patches but given his excellent command, I don't think his slumps will last as long as some of the other rookie pitchers we've seen. Who was the last guy to start off their career with a 18/0 K/BB? Patient hitters or not, if he keeps pounding the strike zone then it doesn't matter who is hitting.


Ouch. :-D

I had to do this because I value your posts.


Call me Nostradamus. ;-7


This one hurts alot, because I was able to get him after all the big name pitchers went and put up similar stats.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 310
Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby KrunK » Sat May 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Losing Gallardo sucks, so we should switch this to a Cueto vs Volquez thread :-b I missed out on Cueto in one league and got Volquez (which ended up being a blessing in disguise) and in another league I grabbed Cueto and didn't bother with Volquez (thanks to the hype machine) because my pitching was solid at the time..then Gallardo gets hurt and my pitching goes from pretty good to in need.
Image
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 945
Joined: 5 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AZ

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby AussieDodger » Sun May 04, 2008 12:34 am

I had built a sweet pitching group through trades this off-season in my 20 team dynasty.
Buchholz/Gallardo/Snell/Sonnanstine/Bell/Soria/Wheeler + some rotational spots.
Gallardo leaves a huge hole with the 25 innings minimum :-C
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11338
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby Yoda » Sun May 04, 2008 1:07 am

AussieDodger wrote:I had built a sweet pitching group through trades this off-season in my 20 team dynasty.
Buchholz/Gallardo/Snell/Sonnanstine/Bell/Soria/Wheeler + some rotational spots.
Gallardo leaves a huge hole with the 25 innings minimum :-C


Image
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Gallardo vs Cueto...

Postby AussieDodger » Sun May 04, 2008 1:20 am

Yoda wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I had built a sweet pitching group through trades this off-season in my 20 team dynasty.
Buchholz/Gallardo/Snell/Sonnanstine/Bell/Soria/Wheeler + some rotational spots.
Gallardo leaves a huge hole with the 25 innings minimum :-C


Image


:-C
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11338
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AEMRICH, footballisbetter.com, NikkiSixx, SpecialFNK, unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Texas
(2:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(6:40 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact