Best Rotoworld News Blurb Comments - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Rotoworld News Blurb Comments

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best Rotoworld News Blurb Comments

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:44 pm

The White Sox were disappointed to realize that Esteban Loaiza hadn't been working out or throwing before they signed him on on June 4.
In all fairness, it probably doesn't take a ton of work to maintain his low-80s fastball. He's issued just one run in three innings of work for the White Sox, but the team is clearly not satisfied with his stuff. "We would like to see more, see more fastball. We know he has pitchability. He's going to have some time to show us, but we have our work cut out for us," pitching coach Don Cooper said.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:41 pm

Brandon Marshall's right hand is recovered enough to do all normal activities except wipe his butt.
His words, not ours: "I can do everything with my right hand that I was doing before the accident but I'm still wiping my butt with my left hand," Marshall said. Once this last crucial hurdle is overcome, Marshall will be an unstoppable force inside the bathroom and out on the field.
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby saemick » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:00 pm

This one is about a month old, but I remember seeing it and it cracked me up:

Josh Hamilton-OF- Rangers May. 17 - 9:30 pm et

Josh Hamilton left Saturday's game in the fifth inning due to exhaustion.
Frankly, he's been forced to run the bases far too often. He should try simply striking out every once in a while. Much easier on the body. Hamilton was aching before the game and might have already been in line for a day off on Sunday. He's day-to-day.
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Tim » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:36 pm

Mariners fired GM Bill Bavasi.

Finally. The team finished 322-395 in four and a half seasons under his watchful eye. We'd list Bavasi's poor decisions, but it'd probably overload the Rotoworld servers. The best indication of his over-spending and poor roster development is that the team currently has the worst record in baseball with a top-10 payroll over $100 million. Vice President/Associate General Manager Lee Pelekoudas will take over as the interim General Manager.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padsin05 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Curt Schilling will have his right shoulder examined tomorrow in Boston by Dr. Thomas Gill.

According to Terry Francona, Schilling has reached a "plateau" in his comeback and has been told to shut it down for a while. "It's been a frustrating week for him," Francona said. Besides the whole shoulder thing, Schilling's paladin recently got owned by a level 34 ogre.

they need to do a little more research, a Pally wont ever get owned by a level 34 ogre
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby decoy562 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Here's a couple more I liked...

Manager John McLaren said Tuesday that Jeff Clement "is going to catch a lot" and "we want to see him playing."
He specifically added that Clement is likely to catch at least three out of every five games, seemingly leaving Kenji Johjima on the bench most of the time. "I expect him to be here the rest of the way," McLaren said. "He sat some the last time. We're not going to have him sitting as much. He calls a good game, and he's a smart kid. We want him to catch." Meanwhile, Johjima has been working out at first base, because what any MLB-worst team needs is a .224/.265/.299 hitter at first base.

Brandon Morrow closed out a one-run game against the Marlins with a perfect ninth on Tuesday.
Morrow struck out two in a 10-pitch frame. He's been dominant of late, and he should get every save chance the Mariners generate while J.J. Putz is out. It's certainly not going to lead to him being overworked.
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rockiesfan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:48 pm

LOL :-b

Explaining what happened when Jose Reyes put up a fight when asked to leave Tuesday's game with a hamstring injury, manager Jerry Manuel joked: "I told him next time he does that I'm going to get my blade out and cut him. I'm a gangster. You go gangster on me, I'm going to have to get you. You do that again, I'm going to cut you right on the field."
Manuel has been on the job for less than a week, but that has to be the leader in the clubhouse for managerial Quote of the Year. He was known as a relatively laid back manager while with the White Sox, but has apparently been sharpening his blades and taking gangster lessons since then. Reyes returned to the lineup Wednesday and went 3-for-5 with a steal, three runs and zero incidents of going gangster. Jun. 19 - 9:28 am et
Rockiesfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Andruw Jones-OF-Dodgers Jul. 9 - 8:25 pm et

Don Mattingly will take over as the Dodgers' hitting coach after the All-Star break.
Mattingly was hired by the Dodgers shortly after Joe Torre joined the team, but has missed the first half of the season dealing with personal issues. The Dodgers rank almost last in almost every hitting category, so it certainly can't hurt.
Source: Orange County Register

Normally they put team blurbs like these under the best player but come on, I know someone else got a chuckle that it went under Andruw Jones. :-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Rockiesfan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Not Baseball but funny

Josh McCown-QB-Dolphins Jul. 15 - 10:33 pm et

Dolphins QB Josh McCown's index finger was needed six stitches recently when his brother Luke accidentally cut Josh's finger instead of firewood.
Luke's accuracy issues hit home. Josh, who is competing for a starting gig with John Beck, wound up requiring six stitches. He was holding up firewood to cut and Luke missed. It's unclear if the injury will affect his readiness for training camp.
Source: Palm Beach Post
Rockiesfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nmarq8 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Andruw Jones-OF-Dodgers Jul. 9 - 8:25 pm et

Don Mattingly will take over as the Dodgers' hitting coach after the All-Star break.
Mattingly was hired by the Dodgers shortly after Joe Torre joined the team, but has missed the first half of the season dealing with personal issues. The Dodgers rank almost last in almost every hitting category, so it certainly can't hurt.
Source: Orange County Register

Normally they put team blurbs like these under the best player but come on, I know someone else got a chuckle that it went under Andruw Jones. :-D

Hahaha, as a dodger fan that's hilarious! ...and sad
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers