Best Rotoworld News Blurb Comments - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Rotoworld News Blurb Comments

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best Rotoworld News Blurb Comments

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:20 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:It's not really funny, but everyday when I go on Rotoworld there seems to be a different report on Kaz Matsui's ass problems

Is it known what caused this anal fissure? Is Kaz gay, into some kinky stuff, naturally occuring, a bad fall of some kind??

I honestly have no clue. I looked up anal fissures on wikipedia and not many things cause them. So either Kaz is gay or he took a really furious dump.

Probably a hemroid.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScarletP » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:13 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:I honestly have no clue. I looked up anal fissures on wikipedia and not many things cause them. So either Kaz is gay or he took a really furious dump.

Or he recently gave birth... (I also looked up causes on wikipedia)
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ryno23 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Chuck James tossed five innings of one-run ball to beat the Dodgers in his spot start Saturday.

An Andruw Jones homer was the only damage. James figures to get one more start next week before Tom Glavine comes off the DL, and if he also pitches well then, it's likely that he'll stay in the rotation until Mike Hampton returns, which could happen in early May or sometime in the year 3,000. He's not yet a safe play in NL-only leagues.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby neoforce » Thu May 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Jason Bay-OF- Pirates May. 8 - 10:29 am et

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates aren't prepared to move either Jason Bay or Xavier Nady until management rules out contending in 2008.

We ruled out the Pirates contending in 2008 at least two years ago, but apparently that's not good enough. If they'd like to contend in 2010 or 2011, moving one or both outfielders this year would be the way to go. Steve Pearce will likely get an opportunity once an outfielder is dealt.

There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikekim2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:16 am

They really don't like Farnsworth...

Kyle Farnsworth-R - Yankees Apr. 19 - 3:09 pm et

Kyle Farnsworth has appealed the three-game suspension handed down by MLB.
He'll remain available to pitch in games in which the Yankees are winning or losing by more than five runs.

Kyle Farnsworth-R- Yankees May. 5 - 10:11 am et

Kyle Farnsworth's appeal of his three-game suspension will be heard on Tuesday.
Farnsworth could start serving the suspension immediately, and the .4% of fantasy teams that own him should be aware
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 09, 2008 12:41 am

Slow Pitch wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:It's not really funny, but everyday when I go on Rotoworld there seems to be a different report on Kaz Matsui's ass problems

Kaz Matsui will miss four to five days with an anal fissure.
That's an unnatural tear or crack in the anus skin, for those of you not in the know. Matsui is expected to be out until at least Friday. Anal fissures can become chronic problems, but the Astros hope using a different medication will sooth Matsui's issue.

Is it known what caused this anal fissure? Is Kaz gay, into some kinky stuff, naturally occuring, a bad fall of some kind??

its the fusilli!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Nice slap at Barry Zito...

Rotoworld wrote:Barry Zito is just the third pitcher in Giants history to begin the season 0-7, and the first to do it in 81 years.

With all the attention Brandon Webb is getting for his 8-0 start, it's important that we don't forget about Zito's record-setting campaign.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2951
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Joe Mauer-C-Twins May. 16 - 8:07 pm et

Joe Mauer is expected to start Friday despite suffering a strained neck during batting practice.

Geez, we hope this doesn't sap his power.

:-b
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby The_Natural » Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 am

Impact: After Monday's game, Joe Torre said that Jones would be out until at least Friday due to the injury. Jones painted a more dire picture: "I'm going to give it two days, and if it doesn't get better... we'll go ahead and scope it," said Jones. Arthroscopic surgery would keep Jones out of the lineup until July, making "arthroscopic surgery" a potential MVP candidate for the Dodgers. "Hopefully, I can just get treatment on it, and then probably get (the surgery) done during the offseason," Jones said.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue May 20, 2008 1:03 pm

Rich Hill was placed on the DL at Triple-A Iowa due to back spasms.
"I don’t think it’s serious," Cubs manager Lou Piniella said. "Probably more of a mental break than anything, I’d assume. That’s just my assumption. [The break] may not be bad. It might be the best tonic of all. But I haven’t heard anything wrong of a serious nature, anything fundamentally wrong with his back." Except the knife buried in it, of course.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers