Dream Job? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dream Job?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:53 am

stevelabny wrote:but what really gets my goat is that :-P is a negative "disgusted" icon on fbc, instead of a playful "sitck out tongue" icon like it is everywhere else.absolutely kills me.

Yeah, he looks like Mr. Yuck with a baseball cap on.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:54 am

thats the thing. SC is no longer funny. the older guys (kilborn, Patrick, Olberman) we funny without being annoying. everyone else is obviously just trying too hard and gets on my nerves

Linda Cohn- "here is another look just in case you stepped away for another bowl of corn flakes" :-P

Every Time i see Stuart Scott i want to change the channel. he tries so hard to be ghetto, but he doesnt even come close to pulling it off. i guarentee that all the black athletes that he interviews laugh at him behind his back because they realize how big of a fake he is. the guy is garbage and its a shame that he is the best that ESPN can come up with. there is a big diference between having a personality and being obnoxious. Scott crossed that line around the 15,000th Boo Yah!!! :-t
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cubs_in_04 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:41 am

Fat white dude shoulda left ...the big black one probably next.

--> Fat white one studdered and put too much energy into it to the point you could barely understand him.
---> Black guy that was eliminated had very little life to him.

The young kid was the best one. Almost flawless.
Cubs_in_04

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby reelbiggecko » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:54 am

Quigly was the worst one by far. He couldn't even say a sentence without messing up! Do you really want him giving you your sports every day?
reelbiggecko
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:23 am

First of all - I think its a great concept for ESPN to put a "reality - contestant" show on a dead night. I guarantee they had a huge share of the overnight nielsens. If you like those type of shows or not, they are the ones getting the viewers. Besides, how many of us would love to be an ESPN anchor - how cool is that?

After watching the show last night I came to the realization that there are two groups who have made it this far - about half who have a realistic shot at it, the others will just be episode eaters. Obviously some people are overmatched, and will be near the first to go. I think this contest could probably have started out with 6-8 competitors, but then ESPN would rather have a 12 episode winning show than a 6-8 episode show, right? Regardless...

There was no way Hall should have gotten America's vote. Everyone who watched the show collectively gasped and wondered what the hell the rest of America was watching when he was given that vote.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:57 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think its a great concept for ESPN to put a "reality - contestant" show on a dead night.

Maybe the Tigers should start up a "Who Wants to be a MLB Pitcher" contest to get the crowd more involved during dead nights - AKA home games not involving the Yankees.

:-o *prepares for the flak cornbread is about to fire*

:-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:34 am

I would certainly pay to get the chance to pitch at, er, I mean to some players. When does Juan Gone come to town? I wonder if he does a good Sammy Sosa beanball impersonation?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:10 pm

I discussed the same stuff at the football site:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=57926

Quigs was definitely the worst, Hall was definitely the best. I bet next week either/both of these will happen:

1) The second six will have seen what to do and what not to do so they will be far better than the first six.

2) ESPN will change their voting so that the person you want to win will get your vote instead of the person you want to cut.

Too many people watch American Idol to be confused with a new style of doing things... :-B
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk