Slamming Your Hand In The Car Door... Again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Slamming Your Hand In The Car Door... Again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Slamming Your Hand In The Car Door... Again

Postby Old_Style » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 pm

jdsun1 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Well, I swore off drafting Rich Harden, but knock on wood so far. For a 20th round pick or thereabouts, I figured it was worth the risk.

Ummm he is hurt already.

Mine is Sheets. I've had him on my keeper team since his breakout season. I like the pain. :,-(

Please quit spreading false information. Harden is not hurt he just had his start moved back so he could get some more rest for his tired/sore muscles. He will be fine this year, but will most definitely not be pitching any complete games anytime soon.

How did you come to that conclusion? The guy hasn't completed a season since '04.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DeadWinterDay » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Ben Sheets.

yeah

i find myself swearing at the computer during the draft "will somebody please take this ****ing guy so i dont have to!" and then "damn it i have to take sheets now"

hahaha.

so i traded him. just hope he doesnt stay healthy.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rainman23 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Hopefully this will be the year I learn to love Rafael Furcal. I've drafted him twice before, and he drove me crazy both times. I know he's had productive seasons in the past, so I figured it's just him and me, you know? We don't mix? So I swore after last season that I would do both of us a favor and swear off from now on. But I missed the SS rushes in my CBS draft, it's past the midway point, Renteria and Furcal are both sitting there...but, jeesh, I really need to get a few steals out of this position. So here we are, together again. Me and Raffy. If it doesn't work out this time, I swear it's over...

I had Bay in a couple of his good years, BTW. No experience with the bad Jason. Both leagues this year, he's sitting there late, and I'm thinking -- how bad could he have gotten in a couple years? So now he's sitting at a primary position on two of my leagues...hopefully I won't be joining the "Never again" club next year.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers