Slamming Your Hand In The Car Door... Again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Slamming Your Hand In The Car Door... Again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Slamming Your Hand In The Car Door... Again

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm right there with you on Rentaria this year, Knapp. And Adam Dunn. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to take him no matter what, and every year I end up with him on at least one team. It's like an abusive relationship that I just can't tear myself away from. I know he loves me, and he doesn't mean to hurt me with his 0/5 wth 4 K games, it's just that, he's so big, sometimes he doesn't know his own strength. And when he drinks he does and says things that he doesn't really mean.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Eagle Baseball » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:38 pm

I have no idea how/why Prior ended up on my DL
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eftda » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Tom Gordon :~(
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Yoda wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Well, I swore off drafting Rich Harden, but knock on wood so far. For a 20th round pick or thereabouts, I figured it was worth the risk.

Ummm he is hurt already.

Mine is Sheets. I've had him on my keeper team since his breakout season. I like the pain. :,-(

Please quit spreading false information. Harden is not hurt he just had his start moved back so he could get some more rest for his tired/sore muscles. He will be fine this year, but will most definitely not be pitching any complete games anytime soon.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pangbones » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:17 pm

For me it's Howie Kendrick. I've had him since him call up, and every year at the draft I predict his breakout. He's been good in spurts, but just can't stay healthy. He's been very good so far this year, but he's hurt again!! :-t :~(
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:24 pm

jdsun1 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Well, I swore off drafting Rich Harden, but knock on wood so far. For a 20th round pick or thereabouts, I figured it was worth the risk.

Ummm he is hurt already.

Mine is Sheets. I've had him on my keeper team since his breakout season. I like the pain. :,-(

Please quit spreading false information. Harden is not hurt he just had his start moved back so he could get some more rest for his tired/sore muscles. He will be fine this year, but will most definitely not be pitching any complete games anytime soon.

In the future I would really appreciate it if you don't accuse me of posting false information:
Rotoworld wrote:The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Rich Harden was scratched from Tuesday's start with back soreness "in the lat area." The Chronicle goes on to say that the injury is believed to be minor, possibly stemming from the team's long flights to Japan last month. Thankfully it's not an arm injury, but we'll believe that it's minor when Harden makes his scheduled start against Cleveland on Saturday. Chad Gaudin will start in his place on Tuesday, with LHP Greg Smith reportedly set to be called to replace Justin Duchscherer on Wednesday.

You don't get your start pushed back unless it is an injury. It might be minor but it is still an injury and with Harden's track record, it shoudln't come as a shock if this is more than what they are leading you to believe.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JPCicciarelli » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 pm

I have to go with JBay again. For the past two years I have had to deal with clicking on his news and notes to find out he is in an O for 2 years slump and to make matters worst his yahoo picture has that "I just had sex with your sister" smirk on his face...
JPCicciarelli
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm

Ben Sheets.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby CharlatanSin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Top ten closers. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to rely on the waver wire and closer injuries/implosion.

Lo and behold, I end up with Saito this year :-[
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 pm

How do I always end up with J.D Drew?
You can't tell when he's going to start or be benched, he goes on crazily long slumps, and when he does something huge it's usually from my bench.
But every year he drops low enough for me to consider it reasonable :-C
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers