o nose my tread dun blowed up! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

o nose my tread dun blowed up!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

o nose my tread dun blowed up!

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 pm

nakedmookieparts.gov wrote:Canadian Mookie Asks Nation For Wal-Mart
March 19, 2008 | Issue 44•12

CHICAGO—According to witnesses, a loud Canadian Mookie approached a crowd of some 4,000 strangers in downtown Chicago Tuesday and made repeated demands for Wal-Mart.

"The time for Wal-Mart is now," said the Canadian Mookie, yelling at everyone within earshot for 20 straight minutes, practically begging America for Wal-Mart. "The need for Wal-Mart is stronger and more urgent than ever before. And only you—the people standing here today, and indeed all the people of this great nation—only you can deliver this Wal-Mart."

The Canadian Mookie is oddly comfortable demanding Wal-Mart from people he's never even met.

It is estimated that, to date, the Canadian Mookie has asked every single person in the United States for Wal-Mart.

"I've already seen this guy four times today," Chicago-area ad salesman Blake Gordon said. "Every time, it's the same exact spiel. 'I need Wal-Mart.' 'I want Wal-Mart.' Why's he so eager for all this Wal-Mart? What's he going to do with it, anyway?"

After his initial requests for Wal-Mart, the Canadian Mookie rambled nonstop on a variety of unrelated topics, calling for affordable health care, demanding that the government immediately begin withdrawing troops from Iraq, and proposing a $75 billion economic stimulus plan to create new jobs.

"What a wacko," Schaumburg, IL resident Patrick Morledge said. "And, of course, after telling us all about how he had the ability to magically fix everything, he went right back to asking for Wal-Mart. Typical."

"If he's really looking for Wal-Mart, he's got the wrong guy," Morledge added.

Reports indicate that the Canadian Mookie has been riding from city to city across the country, asking for Wal-Mart wherever he goes. Citizens in Austin, TX said they spotted the same guy standing on the street Friday, shouting far-fetched ideas about global warming. Cleveland residents also reported seeing him in a local park, wildly gesticulating and quoting from the Bible. And last week, patrons at the Starlight Diner in Cheyenne, WY claimed that the Canadian Mookie accosted them while they were eating, repeatedly requesting Wal-Mart.

"I saw him walk in and I knew he was headed straight for our table," said mother of three Gladys Davies. "He just stood there smiling at us for a while, and asked how our food tasted. Then he went and did the same thing at the next table over. The nerve of some people."

Those who encountered the Canadian Mookie Tuesday said he engaged in erratic behavior, including pointing at random people in the crowd and desperately saying he needs their help, going up to complete strangers and hugging them, and angrily claiming that he is not looking for just a little bit of Wal-Mart, but rather a great deal of Wal-Mart, and that he wants it "right now."

"I'll be honest, when that Canadian Mookie said he would 'stop at nothing' to get Wal-Mart, it kind of scared me," local mechanic Phil Nighbert said. "Just leave me alone."

Though many were taken aback by the Canadian Mookie's brazen demands, some, such as Jackson, MS's Holly Moser, sympathized with him. She gave the Canadian Mookie credit for boldly standing up and asking every last person around him for Wal-Mart.

"I told him I'd give him some if I saw him later, even though I probably won't," Moser said. "Very nice man, though."

Most, however, ignored his requests.

"I'm a hardworking American who pays his taxes, and the last thing I need is some guy on the street demanding Wal-Mart from me," said William Overkamp, a Springfield, IL gun-shop owner.

He added, "What he really needs is a better country of origin."
Last edited by StlSluggers on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: I Don't Care Who You Are. This Is Funny.

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:00 pm

I thought the guy was asking for change, as in pennies. :-C ;-7
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:13 pm

I Don't Care Who You Are. This Is Funny.

Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Madison wrote:

Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

Yeah. I found it to be not funny, too. Whimsically ironic, maybe, but certainly not funny.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Madison wrote:

Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

haha...if I remember correctly from previous conversations, Madison and I are about the only two people on earth who don't find The Onion the least-bit funny.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:

Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

haha...if I remember correctly from previous conversations, Madison and I are about the only two people on earth who don't find The Onion the least-bit funny.

You are correct. ;-D :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:

Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

I remember there being more than a couple people who don't like The Onion. The most common reason stated was that "fake news" wasn't funny.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

I remember there being more than a couple people who don't like The Onion. The most common reason stated was that "fake news" wasn't funny.

:-b

Matter of opinion I guess. Art's right that I'm not a fan of the Onion. There were definitely just a few of us that didn't find him funny though, we were definitely the minority. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Old_Style » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Bzzzzzzt Wrong Answer!

:-b

Matter of opinion I guess. Art's right that I'm not a fan of the Onion. There were definitely just a few of us that didn't find him funny though, we were definitely the minority. :-b

I'm with you guys.
One of my buddies used to bring in a copy of the Onion to work every so often. He swore it was one of the funniest things he's ever read, so I skimmed through a few articles. I guess it's just not my cup of tea.
Last edited by Old_Style on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm

I'll hop on the "I don't think the Onion is funny" bandwagon as well. Never once have I gone there on my own free will.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Next

Return to General Talk