Whats the deal with Mark Reynolds? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whats the deal with Mark Reynolds?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whats the deal with Mark Reynolds?

Postby yaboygino » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:53 am

I knew this guy had a lot of potential after last years callback and seems to be picking right where he left off....30 hrs 100 rbis out of question?
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Whats the deal with Mark Reynolds?

Postby Jimmy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:02 am

I'm wondering about this guy too. In between Reynolds and Blalock I'm having a tough time deciding who to go foward with as the season moves on.
Ichiro? No...
Dunn? No...
Ichiro Dunn! 106 runs, 23 home runs, 87 rbis, 23 stolen bases, 0.313 season average
Adam Suzuki! 106 runs, 23 home runs, 87 rbis, 23 stolen bases, 0.313 season average
Double the fun!
Jimmy
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:20 am

He could/should lose playing time to Chad Tracy when Tracy returns from the DL.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Rman3911 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:29 am

AussieDodger wrote:He could/should lose playing time to Chad Tracy when Tracy returns from the DL.

Dumb talk. Reynolds has his job in stone at 3rd. If anything, It's gonna be CoJack and Tracy splitting time at first.
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:46 am

Rman3911 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:He could/should lose playing time to Chad Tracy when Tracy returns from the DL.

Dumb talk. Reynolds has his job in stone at 3rd. If anything, It's gonna be CoJack and Tracy splitting time at first.

Where did you hear that?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:47 am

Rman3911 wrote:

Unless he slumps, I'd say his position is entrenched. Then you'd probably be thinking about dumping him before he even got platooned. I like Reynolds right now except in formats that penalize heavily for strikeouts.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Rman3911 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:51 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Rman3911 wrote:

Where did you hear that?

Being a die hard Dbacks fan it's pretty much on the radio here every day. Trust me, Bo-Mel isn't going to just put Tracy in at third due to "losing his job to injury." He loves the "sherriff" (Reynolds) and Reynolds earned his keep at 3rd. CoJack however, is going to have to split time with Tracy, just like CoJack did with Tony Clark last year. I could even see Tracy having the full time job by the end of the year maybe because we signed him to a big contract two years ago. It baffles me how CoJack is batting cleanup right now, as does Bo-Mel's decision of having Lyon as the closer.
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JTWood » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:05 am

Reynolds was my sleeper this year, and I grabbed him in 2 leagues. To be honest, I wasn't expecting this much from him this early. I was hoping for decent production mid- to late-year. I won't complain about this one bit, though. I still think his BA will lead to inconsistency, so I would carry a suitable backup if you have Reynolds on your team.

Related... Take notes kidos: If you have a sleeper in mind, don't post him on a message board. ;-)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:33 am

He'll hit 30+ easily. The question is whether his AVG will hold up. I also don't believe he'll platoon with Tracy unless he absolutely sucks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ivesaidway2much » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:40 pm

JTWood wrote:Related... Take notes kidos: If you have a sleeper in mind, don't post him on a message board. ;-)
That's crazy talk. There was a superthread dedicated to BJ Upton last year that tracked his daily at-bats and positions played all through-out Spring Training. And he was still available late in the overwhelming majority of fantasy drafts in 2007. There is usually very little downside, if any at all, to helping out your fellow cafe members.
ivesaidway2much
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers