Joe Torre is miserable!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby lbbaseball14 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:58 pm

STL sluggers thanks for the meaningless comment.
Image
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1116
Joined: 4 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby jazzmanljg » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:13 pm

If the Dodger's intent is to trade Pierre, then Torre has to get him enough AB to show other teams he's still the same .300 and 50SB player he's always been. We can debate all day if that player is any good or not, but the point is Pierre's value is at an all time low with how horrible he's played. I've read reports that have said Pierre is visably upset about how things are going.
The only way to get him out of his current funk is to get him in there. This might be iritating to
fantasy owners who are drueling over Kemp and Ethier, but they get squat out of their 50M investment if they just sit him and use him as a pinch runner. Even if they can't find a trade right away, I'm sure they would like him to be able to give the other guys a day off here and there without him going 0-4 every time like he is now. I agree with other posters that have said calm down, it's still very early, things will work out. Kemp will get his AB.
Image
Thanks to soty for the great sig!
jazzmanljg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 401
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:42 pm

lbbaseball14 wrote:
I've been a huge Braves fan my whole life, and Jones has gotten increasingly incompetent at the plate. As much as I loved his glove, I am happy to have his bat out of the lineup. Real happy.

As bad as the Pierre signing was, I'd say the Jones signing was 10 times worse.


I agree 100% with this assessment. He is flat out terrible at the plate, and with his range in question his defense has also become an increasing liability because he is no where near the outfielder he used to be.


They only signed Jones for 2 years. No way is that a worse deal than the Pierre signing.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 272)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby chipper » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
lbbaseball14 wrote:
I've been a huge Braves fan my whole life, and Jones has gotten increasingly incompetent at the plate. As much as I loved his glove, I am happy to have his bat out of the lineup. Real happy.

As bad as the Pierre signing was, I'd say the Jones signing was 10 times worse.


I agree 100% with this assessment. He is flat out terrible at the plate, and with his range in question his defense has also become an increasing liability because he is no where near the outfielder he used to be.


They only signed Jones for 2 years. No way is that a worse deal than the Pierre signing.

Yeah you're right, they were both pretty bad.
Only thing about the Jones signing is that it was after Pierre. That makes it even worse than it really was. But you're probably right, the Pierre deal was a mich longer signing, so it may trump the poor signing of Jones.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1567
Joined: 8 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby Matthias » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:32 pm

chipper wrote:Yeah you're right, they were both pretty bad.
Only thing about the Jones signing is that it was after Pierre. That makes it even worse than it really was. But you're probably right, the Pierre deal was a mich longer signing, so it may trump the poor signing of Jones.

The Jones signing was a smart move IMO. Being able to take a chance at a blue-chip player without the half-decade pain of his contract if it doesn't work out.... it was probably one of the top five best signings this off-season.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Matthias wrote:
chipper wrote:Yeah you're right, they were both pretty bad.
Only thing about the Jones signing is that it was after Pierre. That makes it even worse than it really was. But you're probably right, the Pierre deal was a mich longer signing, so it may trump the poor signing of Jones.

The Jones signing was a smart move IMO. Being able to take a chance at a blue-chip player without the half-decade pain of his contract if it doesn't work out.... it was probably one of the top five best signings this off-season.


Have you even watched a single Dodger game this season? A. Jones looks absolutely terrible. He's more overweight than I've ever seen him, can't run, can't hit, and is not the fielder he once was either. Any pitcher with a good breaking ball can get him out with absolute ease. I mean it's like a black hole in the middle of your batting order. At least Pierre can bunt to advance runners, hit for decent avg, see a ton of pitches to wear down your pitcher, advance the runners with ground balls to 3b, etc.

Jones can do none of the above anymore.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby lbbaseball14 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:51 am

Have you even watched a single Dodger game this season? A. Jones looks absolutely terrible. He's more overweight than I've ever seen him, can't run, can't hit, and is not the fielder he once was either. Any pitcher with a good breaking ball can get him out with absolute ease. I mean it's like a black hole in the middle of your batting order. At least Pierre can bunt to advance runners, hit for decent avg, see a ton of pitches to wear down your pitcher, advance the runners with ground balls to 3b, etc.

Jones can do none of the above anymore.


Slomo you are by far one of the smartest people on this board. Finally someone has some sense around here. By the way Kemp went 3-4 tonight so we'll see how that affects his playing time.
Image
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1116
Joined: 4 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brisbane and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 9:27 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact