Joe Torre is miserable!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joe Torre is miserable!!!

Postby lbbaseball14 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:05 am

Hes dumb for not starting Kemp. The guy drove in 18 runs in spring, hit .342 last year and is considered a huge prize by almost every other major league team. Yet he cant start over Andruw "I Hit .222 last year and cant cover any ground" Jones????

Now I understand that Ethier has upside and is a very solid major league player, but this is matt kemp we are talking about here. We are talking about a guy who is clearly the most talented player out of these 4 outfielders, what gives????????? Heck hes one of the most talented up and coming young outfielders in the game after the Corey Harts and Hunter Pences of the world.

Its amazing how dumb some of the management moves by professional organizations are. Shame on the Dodgers for signing Andruw Jones to a big contract when they had up and coming talent in the outfield. I'm not sure who should be on the bench and all of that, but I will say one thing, the Dodgers are flat out blind if they do not give Kemp 500 at bats.
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe * BLEEPING* Torre is *BLEEPING* miserable!!!

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:11 am

Andruw Jones is decent, I'd be more worried about Kemp losing at-bats to Juan "hits like a blind little girl" Pierre.
I think that is a travesty.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby lbbaseball14 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 am

Bro Andruw Jones is hitting .115 and hit .222 last year. I understand that hes probably a better hitter than what last years numbers suggest but why are people forgetting that Juan Pierre hit .293 last year with 60 sb's ??????? Last time I checked thats a pretty damn good year. Andruw Jones only hit 26 HR last year too, he has turned into Richie Sexson.
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 am

lbbaseball14 wrote:Bro Andruw Jones is hitting .115 and hit .222 last year. I understand that hes probably a better hitter than what last years numbers suggest but why are people forgetting that Juan Pierre hit .293 last year with 60 sb's ??????? Last time I checked thats a pretty damn good year. Andruw Jones only hit 26 HR last year too, he has turned into Richie Sexson.

Pierre's .685 OPS and 0 HRs were truly, truly pathetic last year. His batting average and steals barely scratch the surface of what he really is.
His throwing arm is supposedly the one of the weakest of any current player. Do you really want someone this historically bad playing every day?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cards05 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 am

lbbaseball14 wrote:Bro Andruw Jones is hitting .115 and hit .222 last year. I understand that hes probably a better hitter than what last years numbers suggest but why are people forgetting that Juan Pierre hit .293 last year with 60 sb's ??????? Last time I checked thats a pretty damn good year. Andruw Jones only hit 26 HR last year too, he has turned into Richie Sexson.

Ignoring the fact that batting average is relatively meaningless and Jones is a much better option than Pierre, how can you expect Torre not to play Jones? Given his signing - whether it was stupid or not - you surely couldn't have drafted any Dodger outfielder with the notion that he'd start over Jones.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbbaseball14 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:33 am

I didnt draft Kemp expecting him to play over Andruw Jones and I know that he is going to play everyday.

Answer this question for me though..... and disregard contracts and all of that stuff.

Tell me your 3 starting outfielders if you were the manager of the Dodgers and it didnt matter how much you were paying them.

I GUARANTEE that Matt Kemp is in 99.9 percent of everyones top 3 when it comes to the Dodgers outfielders, he is the one player that should be a lock to play.
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:38 am

lbbaseball14 wrote:I didnt draft Kemp expecting him to play over Andruw Jones and I know that he is going to play everyday.

Answer this question for me though..... and disregard contracts and all of that stuff.

Tell me your 3 starting outfielders if you were the manager of the Dodgers and it didnt matter how much you were paying them.

I GUARANTEE that Matt Kemp is in 99.9 percent of everyones top 3 when it comes to the Dodgers outfielders, he is the one player that should be a lock to play.

Well that's a meaningless question. Of course contracts matter.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 am

lbbaseball14 wrote:I didnt draft Kemp expecting him to play over Andruw Jones and I know that he is going to play everyday.

It has to be Ethier/A.Jones/Kemp.
Pierre shouldn't even be on the bench. Again, if Colletti had any nads he'd straight cut Pierre from the team and eat the money owed.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby freeling_prideful » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 am

I agree that the Dodgers are not utilizing Kemp properly. However, if you look at the type of player he is, he's not really as valuable as everyone seems to think. Despite his high career BA in the majors, he strikes out a fair amount, has poor plate discipline, and offers neither otherworldly speed nor otherworldly power. On many teams he would not be a starting OF despite his talent. I think it would be perfectly reasonable for the Dodgers to use him for about 400 AB's this year, giving Pierre time when he can hit against pitcher-catcher combos who suck at preventing steals. Every Pierre single is essentially good for a double if he gets on against a guy like Chris Young, negating the fact that he slugs a laughably low number (like sub-400).
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tianyi86 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:45 am

And if I'm not mistaken, isn't Andrew Jones suppose to be a pretty good defensive center fielder, which isn't reflected in fantasy stats? I thought he won a gold glove back in the day with atlanta.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers