Gagne - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gagne

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball genius » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:37 pm

I would never use a first or second round draft pick on a closer. Gagne will probably go second round in most fantasy leagues, which is why he wont be on any of my teams.

Detroit Tigers 2004 World Series Champions
baseball genius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colour wolf » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:44 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:That is not the direction I was going....In a 5x5 I don't think he is worth a first rounder....but alot of point systems over value CL....and if that was the case....I wanted to know before I gave a response... :-)

Well, I use 5x5, and while I probably won't take him as early as he will go (I'm sure some clown won't bother to change the default rankings, won't show up, and gets Gagne 2nd overall), I still think that in an NL-only league, he is worth a late 1st round pick. Now, I don't know jack about the AL, so I could be talking out of my ass about his mixed league rating. This year anyway, there are a ton of great picks in the AL, compared with the NL, so maybe a late third round rating is better in a mixed league. I guess I should find out soon, as I'm entering my first mixed league this year. :-o
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:51 pm

colour wolf wrote:Well, I use 5x5, and while I probably won't take him as early as he will go (I'm sure some clown won't bother to change the default rankings, won't show up, and gets Gagne 2nd overall), I still think that in an NL-only league, he is worth a late 1st round pick. Now, I don't know jack about the AL, so I could be talking out of my ass about his mixed league rating. This year anyway, there are a ton of great picks in the AL, compared with the NL, so maybe a late third round rating is better in a mixed league. I guess I should find out soon, as I'm entering my first mixed league this year. :-o

Sorry Colour Wolf....I think we all posted at the same time at first....and I was responding to Lieter Fan...and the you responded to me....Sorry to come across wrong.... O:-)

I think a good case could be made for taking Gange in the first round of a NL only league using 5x5 scoring.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby colour wolf » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:55 pm

Absolutely no apologies necessary. You didn't come across wrong. It must be my reading comprehension that is the issue...

:-D
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers