Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 am

If Kemp was any good then he would actually be starting. Obviously he K's waaay too much and needs some time in AAA in order to learn to hold off on breaking pitches. Justin Upton is the guy who you SHOULD HAVE drafted.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:02 pm

jdsun1 wrote:If Kemp was any good then he would actually be starting. Obviously he K's waaay too much and needs some time in AAA in order to learn to hold off on breaking pitches. Justin Upton is the guy who you SHOULD HAVE drafted.



I've got both :-D If you are gonna peg Kemp as someone who K's waaaay too much then where does that put Upton? 10 k's 28 AB's
rib217
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2726
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby kaiser » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:09 pm

I've got both Kemp and Upton as well. Believe it or not, some of us actually do research before we draft, instead of waiting for people on this board to tell us what we SHOULD have done after the fact.

And no, Kemp does not need to be in AAA. :-D
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5552
(Past Year: 307)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby KronJon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Kemp was 1 for 1 yesterday and is getting the start today.

I'm predicting that today is where it all turns around. He will have a big game and be that much closer to being a full-time starter.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:21 pm

KronJon wrote:Kemp was 1 for 1 yesterday and is getting the start today.

I'm predicting that today is where it all turns around. He will have a big game and be that much closer to being a full-time starter.


Hope you're right although I think the outlook is too rosy, but for what it's worth, Doug Davis doesn't quite have the crafty stuff that a Chris Young or a Dan Haren does that would keep Kemp off kilter. I think Torre is just a bit hesitant right now on starting Kemp against pitchers that can and will try to bait Kemp into swinging at breaking balls away from the plate, which will fluster Kemp even when he gets the heater. That's one big knock on Kemp going into this year, but this Spring, he seemed to improve his pitch judgment and learned to take the ball the other way if he sees a pitch that could jam him.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21933
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:50 pm

So if Kemp is starting today who is sitting, Pierre or Ethier? I have both Kemp and Ethier and I may not be around a computer when the lineups are announced to make any lineup changes if Ethier is benched today.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 3235
Joined: 15 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby KronJon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm pretty sure Pierre is the one sitting today.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp Splitting Time... (Merged)

Postby KronJon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
KronJon wrote:Kemp was 1 for 1 yesterday and is getting the start today.

I'm predicting that today is where it all turns around. He will have a big game and be that much closer to being a full-time starter.


Hope you're right although I think the outlook is too rosy, but for what it's worth, Doug Davis doesn't quite have the crafty stuff that a Chris Young or a Dan Haren does that would keep Kemp off kilter. I think Torre is just a bit hesitant right now on starting Kemp against pitchers that can and will try to bait Kemp into swinging at breaking balls away from the plate, which will fluster Kemp even when he gets the heater. That's one big knock on Kemp going into this year, but this Spring, he seemed to improve his pitch judgment and learned to take the ball the other way if he sees a pitch that could jam him.

Well it looks like I might have been right. Kemp got the start and got 3 hits, raising his average from .125 to .273
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 27
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Miami at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact