Question regarding Paper Topic - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Question regarding Paper Topic

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question regarding Paper Topic

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Hey all,

I have to think of a paper topic dealing with Computers and Creativity, or computers and art by tomorrow morning. Problem is, I can't seem to pinpoint a topic that I can I feel comfortable doing. This is a thesis paper, so an argument needs to be made, and that's another problem; I have trouble making an argument on a topic that deals with art and computers. Now a paper dealing with a system like Questec and arguing for or against it is something I can do, but this is not at all my cup of tea.

So what I am asking is, do any of you out there have an idea I can begin to ponder about the topic of computers and art/creativity? Nothing really in depth you have to do, just an idea or statement that deals with both, and hopefully it is something that I can expand upon. Thanks guys!
Beautiful, Beautiful Family Guy

Lois: You're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.
Bravos of Steel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question regarding Paper Topic

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Take a side and argue the benefit (or disadvantage) of Photoshop?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:31 pm

You could explore the reasons that designers, artists, creative types prefer Macs to PCs.

You could even "interview" me for the paper if you came up with some questions and posted them up here.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 pm

That's a tough one. If this paper could be about computers/Internet applied to art, in the broadest definition, you really have a variety of topics to write about.

I liked Sim's idea but I think you could probably wind up talking about how the Mac system architecture is more geared towards desktop publishing and media production than balancing out the subject of how creativity/arts applies.

If this isn't an argumentative essay, I'd suggest you write about the profound effect of computer technology on the special effects industry.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Return to General Talk