Dana Eveland - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dana Eveland

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dana Eveland

Postby tmlfan4ever » Tue May 13, 2008 11:31 am

He's young and therefore has room for growth and so far has shown a lot of maturity on the mound. At the very least, he's playing for a team that doesn't look as bad as we thought and has a fantastic home park to pitch in.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Montana » Wed May 14, 2008 6:19 am

Montana wrote:Image

Just interested in getting peoples thoughts on Eveland now........as we've had a bit more time to look at him.

8 starts into the season...

3-3, 3.23ERA, 1.25 Whip, 35K's, 20BB's, 2 HR's given up......only one start with more than 3 runs allowed.........BABIP is right around .270-.280 (which makes his BAA of .228 all the more impressive)......Strand rate of around 75%.....

.....any of this leading you guys to come to a more concrete answer, in terms of what kind of production we can hope to get from from him, the rest of the way?

Any more insight gents?..........full season projections even?
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am

Montana wrote:
Montana wrote:Image

Just interested in getting peoples thoughts on Eveland now........as we've had a bit more time to look at him.

8 starts into the season...

3-3, 3.23ERA, 1.25 Whip, 35K's, 20BB's, 2 HR's given up......only one start with more than 3 runs allowed.........BABIP is right around .270-.280 (which makes his BAA of .228 all the more impressive)......Strand rate of around 75%.....

.....any of this leading you guys to come to a more concrete answer, in terms of what kind of production we can hope to get from from him, the rest of the way?

Any more insight gents?..........full season projections even?

The full-season projection is tricky. I could see something like 4.05/1.35, but I could also see 3.75/1.29. The full-season projection I'm not really worrying about, because I'm still picking and choosing the wise match-ups with Eveland, who right now is performing in most games the way he is expected to be. In another month, or around the break, we may have a better indication, but I'm just not confident in making a year end total projection at this point, and thusly have chosen that strategy for playing Dana.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Montana » Wed May 14, 2008 10:04 pm

What's the short list right now hOrt on teams you'd prefer to sit Eveland against?........obviously at home, he's nearly a must start, but outside of the some the hot hitting lineups, are they're any teams that mash lefties in particular you are working to keep him away from?
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Montana wrote:What's the short list right now hOrt on teams you'd prefer to sit Eveland against?........obviously at home, he's nearly a must start, but outside of the some the hot hitting lineups, are they're any teams that mash lefties in particular you are working to keep him away from?

Right now I'm going on a start by start basis. Haven't put together a list, but the day before a scheduled start I'll do my homework on the other lineup, park, what short track record he does have, splits, etc.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Montana » Wed May 14, 2008 10:13 pm

As a new owner of Eveland, and being in a similar boat of having to play him very carefully, I'd be real interested in hearing your thoughts on how to maximize his effectivess down the road, if you were willing to share that kind of info, in this thread......(or elsewhere)

;-D
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Montana wrote:As a new owner of Eveland, and being in a similar boat of having to play him very carefully, I'd be real interested in hearing your thoughts on how to maximize his effectivess down the road, if you were willing to share that kind of info, in this thread......(or elsewhere)

;-D

At first glance, he may be a sit for his next start, but again, the last thing I'll do is check Vegas' line on the game the morning of... He's on the road at Atlanta, who will likely have 3 Lefties in the lineup (McCann, Kotsay, K. Johnson). Teix isn't hitting Lefties very well, and Chipper has just 1 HR on the year vs Lefties despite batting .404 vs them. Yunel is .298 vs L, Francoeur is .288, and Diaz is .370. I can see him running into trouble, as Atlanta's dropped 4 of their last 5 before tonight, but have been putting up some runs. Again, we'll see what the O/U and money line is the morning of the game, and see if that sways anything, but I'd probably stay away.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Montana » Wed May 14, 2008 11:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Montana wrote:As a new owner of Eveland, and being in a similar boat of having to play him very carefully, I'd be real interested in hearing your thoughts on how to maximize his effectivess down the road, if you were willing to share that kind of info, in this thread......(or elsewhere)

;-D

At first glance, he may be a sit for his next start, but again, the last thing I'll do is check Vegas' line on the game the morning of... He's on the road at Atlanta, who will likely have 3 Lefties in the lineup (McCann, Kotsay, K. Johnson). Teix isn't hitting Lefties very well, and Chipper has just 1 HR on the year vs Lefties despite batting .404 vs them. Yunel is .298 vs L, Francoeur is .288, and Diaz is .370. I can see him running into trouble, as Atlanta's dropped 4 of their last 5 before tonight, but have been putting up some runs. Again, we'll see what the O/U and money line is the morning of the game, and see if that sways anything, but I'd probably stay away.

Cheers, exactly the kind of input I was looking for......... ;-D
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:53 pm

1 worry. I just don't know if he can handle a full season workload. He's never done it before. Maybe a few DL trips due to tired arm are in his future. I got a feeling he'll wear down and slow down because of it. Sell high if you ask me.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby Montana » Thu May 15, 2008 12:14 am

Havok1517 wrote:1 worry. I just don't know if he can handle a full season workload. He's never done it before. Maybe a few DL trips due to tired arm are in his future. I got a feeling he'll wear down and slow down because of it. Sell high if you ask me.

Definitely worth noting, that during his 6th outing of the year (against the Angels if I recall correctly) he did feel a smal "twinge" in his elbow.......which incidentably occured during his worst start of the season.

Since then though, he's pitched 13 innings, only giving up 3 runs, while K'ing 9............definitely something to keep an eye on though.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers