Jeff Keppinger? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Keppinger?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jeff Keppinger?

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:48 pm

The guy can hit and be very useful for your fantasy team in the short run. The problem is PT. Alex Gonzalez is hurt and Kepp has been given an audition to start the season, making the most of it as well. Unless Dusty plans on benching Gonzo when is comes back, Keppinger will see his ABs decline to the point where he has marginal value in most standard leagues. If however, Keppinger stays in the lineup upon Gonzo's return, then you have yourself a player.

I love this guy for fantasy, but I'm not overly buying him because he isn't gauranteed the PT, same reason I felt Kemp was being overvalued coming into the season. Skills are there, at-bats are not.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chipper » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:15 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:Unless Dusty plans on benching Gonzo when is comes back, Keppinger will see his ABs decline to the point where he has marginal value in most standard leagues. If however, Keppinger stays in the lineup upon Gonzo's return, then you have yourself a player.

Well the thing is, the guy can play all over the place, and it doesn't seem like Dusty is overly impressed with Encarnacion. Between playing SS, playing 1B vs lefties, and playing some at 3B, I think he is very close to a fulltime player. His bat commands it, IMO.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tds1273 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:20 pm

What are the chances that Keppinger will fill in at second or in the outfield ever?

Even as a Phillips owner in one of my main leagues, but a Keppinger owner in almost every league, I hate to admit it, but I'm almost kind of rooting for a short Phillip's DL stint in the early going here.
tds1273
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:28 pm

tds1273 wrote:What are the chances that Keppinger will fill in at second or in the outfield ever?

Even as a Phillips owner in one of my main leagues, but a Keppinger owner in almost every league, I hate to admit it, but I'm almost kind of rooting for a short Phillip's DL stint in the early going here.

It's possible, when Phillips needs a day off. Not until A. Gonz gets back though.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ukjohn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Kepp wouldn't play 2B right now if Phillips was out...Castro would
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:41 pm

tds1273 wrote:What are the chances that Keppinger will fill in at second or in the outfield ever?

Very little. And as a Phillips owner you should never wish a DL stint on him. That's crazy talk.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BiggGC » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:34 am

knapplc wrote:

Very little. And as a Phillips owner you should never wish a DL stint on him. That's crazy talk.

Word!! That is crazy talk...indeed!
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers