Jeff Keppinger? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Keppinger?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jeff Keppinger?

Postby Pochucker » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:16 pm

With a historical mid 90s contact rate hes a lock to hit 300.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pelotero » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:23 pm

colt4523 wrote:I just dropped Mark Lowe (he blew my felix win) for him. I figured I would plug him in for Hardy who has not been great so far. I like the fact he is batting high in the order and hopefully he will stick when Gonzalez gets back.

That's EXACTLY what I did.. EXACTLY! ;-D He blew my Win from King Felix.. also..
"Born with a glove"
pelotero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zhangman1 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:55 pm

chipper wrote:
chipper wrote:The way I see it, when Gonzalez comes back Keppinger should play 1B vs lefties.
I think when Gonzalez comes back they send Votto back to AAA to get regular at-bats, and they platoon Hatty and Keppinger at 1B.

His bat is too valuable to not get in the lineup. Between SS, 3B and 1B, I say he sees close to 500 ab this year and is a good add.

UPDATE:

Keppinger at 1B today vs a lefty ;-D

IllinoisBandit wrote:Kepp's one of my favorite players, but there's no way I'd start him over Hardy.

I'd say Hardy's power was a bit of an aberration last season, not that he's not a good player.
However he was never a great average guy, and with Hardy hitting 7th or 8th, I'd say Keppinger has equal or better value. He's eligible at multiple positions, hits at the top of a very good lineup in a very good hitters park, and should easily hit over .300 this year. When he bats 2nd he'll be great for runs, when he bats 5th (like today) he''ll be great for RBI. Just a solid late add, IMO.

that sounds like Youk from last year :-?
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Snacks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:05 pm

Bold Prediction: When Gonzalez gets back, Keppinger will take over for Encanarcion at 3rd. I wouldn't bet anything on it, but I gotta gut feeling that Dusty is gonna grow weary of Edwin very soon. Either he'll be gone or sent down again like last year.
Snacks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:01 pm

So, what's the consensus on this Keppinger guy? Is he worth picking up? Should he be avoided? What's his deal?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Zhangman1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:10 pm

i picked him up in a couple leagues and he seems a popular FA. he'll be solid till Gonzalez gets back at least and IMO will be a worthwhile player after that
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby jacopo2155 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:16 pm

keppinger is the real deal. i saw him play several times last season, and almost every game this season. the fact that dusty likes him and has had him in the lineup every day makes me believe that he will still be the starter when gonzalez (or at least i hope!) i would monitor the situation when gonzo is scheduled back, but even if kep doesnt retain the job, he would still be good to have on your roster and dusty will find him a place to play. legitimate .300 + hitter and i wouldnt be surprised to see his power go up as well. i was at the reds game this past sunday against the phillies and the fans in cincinnati love this guy too...it would be tough for dusty to send him to the bench the way he is playing
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 5 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:42 pm

knapplc wrote:So, what's the consensus on this Keppinger guy? Is he worth picking up? Should he be avoided? What's his deal?

I always kinda liked him. Too bad the Mets didn't hang on to him....I guess Ruben Gotay was more valuable ;-7

As others noted, he's a good contact hitter. Great home park. If Dusty continues to like him, he'll stick.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cobbs87 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:06 pm

It seems like some of you are almost underselling him. His numbers were outstanding last year in a decent sample size. Limited power, but seems to be a solid all around option. Essentially an elite good bench option.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:39 pm

I picked him up, Cafegians. This cost me one dollar, mind you, and I'm a cheapskate when it comes to fantasy, so I'm going to be unhappy if it doesn't turn out well.

BUT, he's outscored E-Rent and Julio Lugo combined so far in this young season, and I'm already 0-1 in my $$$ league, so my patience is thin.

Wish me luck! And wish Keppinger luck, too! :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers