Pick up Appier? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up Appier?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick up Appier?

Postby Matt » Wed May 15, 2002 11:45 am

What do you think about Appier? It seems like he is off to a very good start this year. I think that he might be the best option on the waivers right now. I am needing a little help in WHIP. I am second in wins and first in ERA.(3.10) The players that I am willing to give up are Moyer, Jose Jimenez or maybe even Cedeno. Do you think that Appier will be able to keep going the he has been? Should I go to the waiver or am I jumping the gun a little. Others that are on the waiver are Thompson, Suppan, Jensen, Dempster, Wolf, Millwood..would any of these be better?
Just trying to round out a staff of.. Clemens,Ishii,Moyer,Colon,Rivera,Julio,Jimenez,Fogg,Wood and Anderson(dl)
Matt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed May 15, 2002 5:13 pm

That's a tough one, all right. Quite a few solid names available...

I certainly wouldn't waive Jimenez - never mind Coors - if there aren't any other closers available. Trade him, maybe, but certainly not waive.

I'd also rank Moyer at least as high as Appier.

Cedeno is another matter. Sure, he's a slow starter, but this is simply ridiculous. His terrific steals potential makes him hard to drop, but it's possible his playing time is going to drop like a stone.

What I'd do is wait a few more days and see whether Cedeno seems to be in the Mets' plans for the immediate future. Even if Appier is gone, there are a couple other solid guys you could pick up. In the meantime, see if you can pull off one of those two-for-one trades we were talking about the other day to make a bit of room on your roster - that might be the best way to solve this dilemma.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers