Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Take a look -WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Take a look -WHIR

Postby danrog » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Hey all, new poster here. League had a live in person draft but I was unable to attend so I had my team picked off of a list. It is a 10 team H2H league. Stats include Runs,singles,doubles,triples,HR,RBI, BB,SB,AVG for hitters and IP,W,L,CG,Shutouts,Saves,K's, and ERA for pitchers. I'm not a fan of the setup with the stats obviously, but I have to make due. We have it set up so you set your lineup at every Monday, no daily player substitutions.

C-R. Hernandez
1b- Loney
2b- Kendrick
3b- Bruan
SS- Reyes
OF- Beltran, Rios, Ramirez
Utl- Chipper Jones
Bench-Vernon Wells, Jacoby Ellsbury, Johnny Damon

SP- Webb, Lincecum, Blanton, Harden, Bucholz, Liriano, Cueto, Lackey
RP- Street, Borowski

I originally draft Saltalmachia as my catcher, i know i need help there. Have been trying to trade either chipper or braun for some pitching help. my relief pitching sucks but i have never been too high on drafting average closers. OF seems solid, I don't think i would have drafted damon/wells on my own after getting the 3 i start.

Any input would be appreciated.
danrog
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Take a look -WHIR

Postby Yoshi47 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

Your OF is pretty stacked - I'd look to trade maybe Johnny Damon, as he'll rarely see playing time. With Chipper's hot start, I'd agree that trading him is a good idea. I'd also consider trading Harden or Cueto too while they're hot commodities. As you mentioned, I'd focus on upgrading your RPs and Cs, followed by maybe 1B and 2B, although Loney and Kendrick may pan out fine.

Any interesting FA's? 1B like Nick Johnson (lots of BB), C like JR Towles, and RP like Sherrill, Lyon, or Rauch could be useful adds, although as I don't see any obvious drop candidates, I think trading is the way to go, maybe 2 for 1's if possible.
Yoshi47
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby poolboyNY » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:49 am

I agree that your OF is really good... i would look at FA for a closer...in 10 team league you might be able to grab another RP, i would also check FA for a first base help... Just my two cents... i am new to this so don't know all the players well ...good luck
poolboyNY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby leafsman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 pm

I would look to move one of your OF's for either a Catcher, or a 1B, and sell high on Harden/Cueto for an SP + RP.

Pretty good team for an autopick.

A little help with mine?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=334057
leafsman
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team